What's your next brew

I'm thinking spring time is for helles or pilsner now that I'm gathering things are going to sit around for a bit...:)
Plus it's been too long since light larger has been on tap here.

Certainly the ESB! :))
Just bought a pound of galaxy so will likely do either a WC or a NE IPA. I am wanting to get a better handle on the new rig before trying the ESB

Just bought a pound of galaxy so will likely do either a WC or a NE IPA. I am wanting to get a better handle on the new rig before trying the ESB
Right on! Gotta go with what you know and have made before when trying to hone that thing in!

How are you finding the Brewzilla working for you? I have done 2 batches and it is not dialed in. It is, however, more convenient than dragging out the propane. I used the preheat timer function....GREAT function.

Next up is a Green Flash like DIPA. Will be brewing it Sunday or Monday. Close to 6 oz. kettle hops in this one, so will be using both a bag and SS hop spider. Need to repassivate the spider, as it's rusting.

Postponed this one for a few days. Got a bunch of stuff in the garden that needs picking and processing. The only drawback to brewing in the kitchen. Just not enough room for me to brew and the wife to process the harvest. Luckily, I got plenty of beer to last awhile.

Making a stout next. Probably next week. I need to order some Maris Otter.

Do you think you 'll be able to tell the difference between Maris Otter and a domestic base malt of a similar color through the roasted and flaked barley typical to a stout? If you can, your pallet is much more discerning than mine. It seems like a waste of money to me. Just saying.

I doubt I would be able to tell. I don’t have any base malt left and I keep a bitter in my bottle rotation so I need to get some anyway.

Making a stout next. Probably next week. I need to order some Maris Otter.
I’ll be making a Stout this weekend as well. I use 2-row as the base and like @BOB357 said, I don’t think I could pull out whatever flavor MO brings to a finished Stout. But I like to use 2-row in a Stout for conversion purposes as well. I like to have that big Diastatic Power on my side for what might otherwise be (for me) a tough mash to convert.

I do like Maris Otter though! :)

I only make 1.3 gallons at a time so it may cost me an extra 50 cents. I usually buy for 4-5 batches and 3 of my next 5 will be a stout, a bass clone, and either another bitter or a brown so I need the Maris otter anyway. I am making the same stout I usually make ( only 3rd time making) and it’s around 4.1-4,2% so conversion won’t be a problem for me

I only make 1.3 gallons at a time so it may cost me an extra 50 cents. I usually buy for 4-5 batches and 3 of my next 5 will be a stout, a bass clone, and either another bitter or a brown so I need the Maris otter anyway. I am making the same stout I usually make ( only 3rd time making) and it’s around 4.1-4,2% so conversion won’t be a problem for me

Makes perfect sense to me. Being retired and on a fixed income, I'm probably overly price conscious. The best ESB I've ever brewed used domestic 2-row. Maybe I have a certain amount of bias because of that too.

Brew on !
five o'clock somewhere.jpg

Back