What's your next brew

Will likely bottle another batch of Rapier Wit on Wednesday or Thursday, and pick up a recipe for some Belgian Strong Ale. @Zambezi Special triggered a craving. Still have a Summer blonde in the fermenter and an oatmeal stout to brew. Getting my stock built up for college football season. ROLL TIDE ROLL!

How 'bout them Dawgs? :p
Yeah, we loaned Kirby to Georgia cause we felt sorry for the rest of the SEC. As Ben would say, seriously joking, though. I’m a Tide fan first, any team in Alabama ( I can be an avid Barner if Bama has a By Week) and then SEC. I gave too much money to UofA to pull for anyone else when they’re playing. Mostly, though, I’m an ABF (Anybody Beating Florida) fan. Steve Superior ruined that club and it’s gonna take a long time to recruit the thug mentality out of that program. Since they’re in J-town, I reckon they oughta be in the ACC anyway. I even pull for the Dawgs when they aren’t playing Bama, simply because Kirby came from Bama and runs a squeaky clean program. . Don’t tell anyone, but I’ll even ring a cowbell on occasion. The way I figure, if you’re gonna beat an SEC team, you better be in the SEC. Our worst teams make other conference teams say “ Oh no!” when they see an SEC team on their schedule. I don’t remember the last National Championship without an SEC team in contention. All hail King Saban. He taught Kirby a lot, but didn’t teach him everything

Saban plays against more former AC’s than any other coach I know of. He grooms NFL players and Head Coaches, and encourages them to move on when they get the right offer. Pretty good success when they beat the crap outta anyone that plays them, but RARELY beat the Master.

Gonna brew a couple more German smashes on the old setup for consistency's sake, but then as soon as I can I'll brew an American pale on my new brewing setup to break it in and get some efficiency and volume numbers. I can't wait!

Last edited:
I can't decide!!!! A chocolaty porter for fall or a HUGE Quad for late winter or fall.

Gotta bottle a Summer Blonde, then I'll put in a Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. I'd get another fermenter, but that would mean adding another chamber (and all the goodies to go with it) for temperature control (assuming I have some success with it). I've figured out that I need to be brewing at least every two weeks or the pipeline runs dry on me. That's rushing fermentation a little, IMO. Gonna have to look at some higher temperature yeasts and figure out if I can do that without rushing anything. Time makes the best beer.

I need to decide what to brew next.
About time to bottle another saison & pitching on the same trub again
Plus my belgian pale ale on M47 is ready as well and needs new wort on top

Back