What are you drinking right now?

I used 2 whole oysters (shells, meat, and brine) for a 4 gallon batch. One of these days I need to brew this side by side without the oysters to find out if they actually do anything
We had a place in town that did a really good one until they jacked the alcohol through the roof on the following batches. My understanding is they just used the shells from a local oyster restaurant. I don't think they used the meat unless some of it remained on the shells.
I wonder if there is a good way to just filter a tiny bit of water from the Atlantic for the salinity?:)
Back in the day when we were really poor, Mom got my wife and I a suite at a really nice place on the Gulf in Naples. We brought tequila and some really shitty margarita mix. We didn't have salt so ran down to the Gulf and filled up a cup to wipe on the rim of the glass LOL. Sometimes young, broke, and stupid is fun.

IMG_20240312_144843_481.jpg

Having a fermenter pour of my Irish Ale While sitting outside. Beautiful day here. 72F not a cloud in the sky. Listening to Flogging Molly and other Irish and Irish inspired bands.

Taste I’m happy with. Nice and malty. Touch of roasty toasty bite.

Last edited:
First pull of my oyster stout. Told you it'd be ready by the weekend :D
Took the day off to recover from a concert last night and I'm too lazy to transfer this to a serving keg, but wanted to try it out. I think it'll be perfect in 3 days (after I actually transfer the beer)
20240314_135534.jpg
20240313_180648.jpg

I'm drinking hunters dry (cider) while listening to my neighbours music :(
Cooking dinner at the mo and all I got on tap is soda water.
But tomorrow will be the day (once I decide on yeast)

What else today? Well, guess Guinness pictures wont load.

Back