What are you drinking right now?

Interesting. The beer not he closing
It is essentially a tasty IPL with a big mouth feel. Not for those on diets, but I really like well done, hoppy beers in the 5's. They have made a lot of cool beers right up my alley over the last couple of years. I duplicated one at home that I liked a lot.
That brewery and your posts about 34/70 are what really intrigued my interests in lagers.
Maybe in a month or two I might have the time to brew my 98 Vienna 2 Chocolate malt idea wirh Saaz hops. I want to do this badly when I find the time. Homebrewing has its downside when you dont have time, but realize your beer is better rhan what you can get in the store.

Last edited:
Didn’t want to get flagged typing Smidicks every time I have a pint to share with you all :)

I’m over the moon how this turned out. Malty, hint of roast dryness but also a touch of sweetness from the malt. Hops nicely balance it out.
Smithwick's is great! A few years ago I got in the ballpark (more like the parking lot) with one of my recipes. I would love to brew your recipe Josh? Could you share it?

Melanie from Charlotteville emailed me the recipe for this today! I just love this English Pale!
20240323_164131.jpg

Had my friends over to taste the Irish Red Ale. I also had 2 bottles each of my Rye Kolsch and Mexican lager and I still have the Vanilla Porter on tap. You can tell the lager and Kolsch were oxidized given how long they sat in the bottle but it was fun to try four of my brews side by side. Glad I got my beer gun for future bottling!
IMG_8283.jpeg
IMG_8282.jpeg

Had my friends over to taste the Irish Red Ale. I also had 2 bottles each of my Rye Kolsch and Mexican lager and I still have the Vanilla Porter on tap. You can tell the lager and Kolsch were oxidized given how long they sat in the bottle but it was fun to try four of my brews side by side. Glad I got my beer gun for future bottling!
View attachment 28869View attachment 28870
That's awesome!
Nice looking beers!
Maybe we need a new thread titled "Show us your Flight"

Back