What are you drinking right now?

That looks great! Makes me a bit thirsty if I'm being honest....
It looks like you have got a perfect head on there, so your method of forced carbonation must be good.

Mind sharing it?

I just started kegging, and my first attempt at forced carb resulted in an over carbed beer, which took me a bunch of hit and miss adjustments to correct.

I watch a couple of U-Tube videos, and followed exactly, but something must have gone wrong; not sure what though.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you could share, or point me to a video that could assist with my forced carbonation.

Thanks!
It doesn't have to be overly complicated, you could set the keg up at 30-35 PSI for 24-36 hours, then vent the gas and set at serving pressure.
The other aspect of this is serving pressure, line diameter, and line length.
In order to serve beer at the carbonation level that you want, you typically need a long enough length, small enough diameter line that will reduces the pressure at the tap to prevent foaming, but still pour at a reasonably quick rate.
Everyone has their own preferences and setup.
Personally, I run 10 foot long 3/16"ID beer line.
This gives me a really nice pour, with a healthy amount of head.

What kind of line are you running?
It's 3/16" ID (7/16" OD). They are about 8ft long; dual tap. I changed the kegerator lines out because they were only 4 1/2 - 5 ft long. I set the CO2 pressure at 25 PSI and rolled the keg around for about 2-3 minutes, vented a couple of times and set at 9 PSI for a couple of days before trying it, as I was going away for the weekend. It was pretty over carbonated when I tried it. Let it sit for a couple of days and tried again. Still too foamy. Vented a couple times more and re-set PSI to 7-8. Waited a couple more days and it seemed ok then.
What did I do wrong?

It will take a bit for the co2 to come out of solution. When you vent it, don't reconnect the gas, leave it for a day. If still over carbonated repeat the process.
Having said that, are you just getting a lot of foam when you pour, or is it actually over carbonated?
As mentioned 10 feet is the magic length for me (I serve at 10PSI)

My vote is for high water.
Also depends on the store. Publix, not so much.
I’ve found some of the same labels at Publix, Wally World, and Aldi. Local labels sell pretty good at all three stores in the area.

Extra Special Bitter
Every pull gets closer to the end:(
But that is a glass half empty attitude.
20240331_181635.jpg

I’ve found some of the same labels at Publix, Wally World, and Aldi. Local labels sell pretty good at all three stores in the area.
The problem with Publix and the local stuff here is that they only seem to be selling 7% plus. They make some good Hefes in Florida, one of them right down the road, and I cant find them at Publix anymore. My time and my options for going anywhere are somewhat limited right now.

The problem with Publix and the local stuff here is that they only seem to be selling 7% plus. They make some good Hefes in Florida, one of them right down the road, and I cant find them at Publix anymore. My time and my options for going anywhere are somewhat limited right now.
I get it

Next time you stop there, take an extra minute, get the manager and tell them you'd like to see xxxxx in their beer section. Good chance they'll buy a case or two, see how it sells.

I've had that work.

Not too far from Kariba, maybe 15-20 km north from there
Although Kariba is in Zimbabwe, and I am in Zambia

Cold IPA
I like it, it's not knocking my socks off, but I do like it.
View attachment 28948
View attachment 28949
Looks tasty, but completely unlike what I would expect a Cold IPA to look like. Hmm.

The one's I've had (and the one I made) are very clear, very pale, almost lager like, with a nice burst of hop presence. Doesn't really matter much though as long as the beer is good.

Back