What are you drinking right now?

Blonde Ale
The Galaxy and Citra hops combination is a big winner…citrus, grapefruit, peach. Yum. A bit too bitter for a Blonde Ale, and any illusions I had of WLP029 clearing this beer like it cleared my Grodziskie have been laid on the railroad tracks. Still, a lot to like here and there are some obvious tweaks I can make to push this to even another level.

C8FFE7E2-97FD-40AF-90A7-A5E1D91C7126.jpeg

Blonde Ale
The Galaxy and Citra hops combination is a big winner…citrus, grapefruit, peach. Yum. A bit too bitter for a Blonde Ale, and any illusions I had of WLP029 clearing this beer like it cleared my Grodziskie have been laid on the railroad tracks. Still, a lot to like here and there are some obvious tweaks I can make to push this to even another level.

View attachment 17996
Looks bloody Delicious Megary!
Blonder than my blond was :confused: lol I mean looks more straw coloured bloody good head it looks too.

I just popped open a Strong Brown Ale from 2015 (!), found on the rack at the back of the basement. All aged beers oxidize, this girl has oxidized gracefully, good sherry notes, no paper. There is still some malt flavor there, very nicely blended. It's a 9.3% beer so it is warming, nice little tingle along the sides of the tongue. Definitely a good beer, I need to make it again. Must be bottle-conditioned, though!

I just popped open a Strong Brown Ale from 2015 (!), found on the rack at the back of the basement. All aged beers oxidize, this girl has oxidized gracefully, good sherry notes, no paper. There is still some malt flavor there, very nicely blended. It's a 9.3% beer so it is warming, nice little tingle along the sides of the tongue. Definitely a good beer, I need to make it again. Must be bottle-conditioned, though!
Sounds like an early Christmas present

One of my favorite local breweries doing their thing. I love finding styles that are hard to come by.

Bready, malty but not *too* malty, banana…very good. One of 3 interesting beers from this brewery that I picked up the other day. Not sure I’ll get to them all tonight, but I’ll try. ;)

642E65EA-7DD0-4CFD-9443-86EEE932FD0F.jpeg

American Barleywine, ‘21.

Not a true Barleywine as this was intentionally designed to finish drier than the style normally allows. Brewed in mid June, this is about 4 months in bottles and was in need of some testing. Hopped late with Loral and Idaho 7, I’m getting a fruity, berry nose. The sip follows with a bit of caramel and sweetness, a noticeable alcohol warmth (at just north of 11%, it’s a firm handshake indeed!), but finishes nice and dry. Poured slowly in the glass there was no head to speak of, but the fizziness lasts throughout. I’m absolutely stoked about this beer because I feel I got just what I was aiming for: a fireside sipper that doesn’t overwhelm with a heavy, malty presence. Should be interesting to follow this as it ages.

38F00E32-E55C-439F-A863-65A004072E9B.jpeg

Back