What are you drinking right now?

Water to wash down some meds. Unfortunately the long day (parent-teacher conference) put me on the edge. Using my foot to push a case of water out of the way put me on the couch.
Yikes, that's a big bummer

Water to wash down some meds. Unfortunately the long day (parent-teacher conference) put me on the edge. Using my foot to push a case of water out of the way put me on the couch.

I've been there trust me I have spondylolisthesis and i can go down like I've been shot when it happens

More HB is needed Josh:D unless you suffer from gout (fingers crossed touch wood ;);)).
Drinking your inspired Vienna Lager
20211028_190015.jpg

I do love this beer!
Being super critical it's just a tad malty for my taste or maybe not lol:).
But maybe just putting it out there maybe I'm thinking this recipie again but 3rds Vienna /Munich/ German pils malt (or any pils) instead of 50/50. Keeping the ballanced profile keeping the same IBUs and yeast.
Whatcha think Josh?

Either that and I'm probably gonna try the above or up the bittering units into the 30's up from 50:50 BU/GU.

Or go more bitter on the water adding 2:1 sulphate to chloride.

Or mash lower for longer to drive attenuation lower.

Looks like I got three beers to brew;).

Or just brew as is again lol:p

Oh when is it my turn for community brew....:rolleyes:

More HB is needed Josh:D unless you suffer from gout (fingers crossed touch wood ;);)).
View attachment 17982
I do love this beer!
But maybe just putting it out there maybe I'm thinking this recipie again but 3rds Vienna /Munich/ German pils malt (or any pils) instead of 50/50. Keeping the ballanced profile keeping the same IBUs and yeast.
Whatcha think Josh?

Either that and I'm probably gonna try the above or up the bittering units into the 30's up from 50:50 BU/GU.

LOL. At an earlier beer fest i visited two booths next to one another that had 3 different blends of vienna lager. a 100%, a 70/30 Vienna/pils, and a 50/50. There was also a pils with 20% vienna. I enjoyed the 70/30 the most. the 100% was delicious but a little malty for a whole keg. 50/50 was good too but not quite as satisfying as the breadier 70%.

LOL. At an earlier beer fest i visited two booths next to one another that had 3 different blends of vienna lager. a 100%, a 70/30 Vienna/pils, and a 50/50. There was also a pils with 20% vienna. I enjoyed the 70/30 the most. the 100% was delicious but a little malty for a whole keg. 50/50 was good too but not quite as satisfying as the breadier 70%.
Cheers Wes I would of loved to have a taste of them myself.:)

Know the feeling. Surgery on a ruptured disc at 26...
Try a half dozen car wrecks and 30 years of throwing concrete forms around. My back can be “problematic” at times.

B95C020D-765E-4F27-BC07-3280D630472D.jpeg

My Festbier, not bad, may be my one and done with kviek, Lutra tastes pretty clean, but not quite “correct”. Also not as clear as I would like(suppose I could have fined it).

Drinking the hydrometer sample from the wheat beer and my grocery store had Celebration IPA on sale already. $10 per 6 pack and it was canned in early October, that's a great beer in my bookView attachment 17986 View attachment 17987
My lhbs (Windsor) had Celebration on tap last weekend, and it was delicious. My fridge holds a six pack of cans - great beer.
I just worked up a revised recipe for Celebration IPA, something I brewed last year. Without fresh, wet hops, it is difficult to duplicate the original, but it is fun to try. I wonder what type of water profile would work best. Currently, I have my recipe set to use a balanced profile, but I could be convinced to change that.

My lhbs (Windsor) had Celebration on tap last weekend, and it was delicious. My fridge holds a six pack of cans - great beer.
I just worked up a revised recipe for Celebration IPA, something I brewed last year. Without fresh, wet hops, it is difficult to duplicate the original, but it is fun to try. I wonder what type of water profile would work best. Currently, I have my recipe set to use a balanced profile, but I could be convinced to change that.
You could look up the Mills River water report. I remember reading that they have to make a lot of adjustments to the water at the Chico brewery, but they selected Mills River because it was better water for brewing. I'm sure they still do stuff to it, but that might get you close?

View attachment 17982
I do love this beer!
Whatcha think Josh?

I mashed low for 40 minutes then 158 for 20 minutes. I was higher In sulphate to chloride. Adding pils sounds like a nice Festbier going thirds.

image.jpg
Product research for a future brew. I found a good thread from some SNCA “addicts” concerning water adjustments. It seems extreme, but they target a sulfate to chloride ratio of 9:1 I will plug their targets into my recipe to see what it does.

View attachment 17991 Product research for a future brew. I found a good thread from some SNCA “addicts” concerning water adjustments. It seems extreme, but they target a sulfate to chloride ratio of 9:1 I will plug their targets into my recipe to see what it does.
Whoa! Gotta love fanatics that do all the leg work for ya :D

Back