What are you drinking right now?

image.jpg
Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA for me (so good), and Frederiksdal Cherry wine for my wife at lhbs Windsor.

Half a pint of my Manchester Gold. This turned out real tasty. Nice Golding taste and slightly malty and English esters. Verdant did a great job but….
That stuff is nasty in the fermentation keg. No wonder I cannot get any more beer out. This may be a yeast where I use a traditional fermenter.

Half a pint of my Manchester Gold. This turned out real tasty. Nice Golding taste and slightly malty and English esters. Verdant did a great job but….
That stuff is nasty in the fermentation keg. No wonder I cannot get any more beer out. This may be a yeast where I use a traditional fermenter.
Schlenkerla Rauchbier. "The classic smoke beer". A nice malty Maerzen with a bunch of beechwood smoke, but also a mild lingering bitterness at the end. Reminds me of smoked brisket...

View attachment 17930
After mowing the lawn aye don:)?

After mowing the lawn aye don:)?
Well sorta. Finished making the 'tree' signs for the new orchard at our church. The idea is to help feed the hungry by growing food. We already have a ~1000 sq ft garden, the orchard is new and should produce in 3 or 4 years.

In addition to the Tree signs, we also asked for people to make a donation and sponsor a tree, and they get a sign with whatever text on it they want. I'll be making those next week. Those are the larger blank signs, I have about 50 of them to make.

EFE5BFA3-FC88-480B-94B4-F722558E4871.jpeg

Well sorta. Finished making the 'tree' signs for the new orchard at our church. The idea is to help feed the hungry by growing food. We already have a ~1000 sq ft garden, the orchard is new and should produce in 3 or 4 years.

In addition to the Tree signs, we also asked for people to make a donation and sponsor a tree, and they get a sign with whatever text on it they want. I'll be making those next week. Those are the larger blank signs, I have about 50 of them to make.

View attachment 17931
That's alot of Apple's and pears hmmmm do it forsee cider making in your future lol?

Schlenkerla Rauchbier. "The classic smoke beer". A nice malty Maerzen with a bunch of beechwood smoke, but also a mild lingering bitterness at the end. Reminds me of smoked brisket...

View attachment 17930
I have one of those in the closet. I think I’ll partake of that during Thanksgiving week when we will be at a cabin in the desert.

That's alot of Apple's and pears hmmmm do it forsee cider making in your future lol?
Ehhh, they're not my trees. I made some cider from Aldi apple juice a couple weeks ago but it wasn't as good as beer.

On a trip to Old Towne Orange CA this afternoon, we enjoyed a late lunch with craft beers and cocktails at Haven Gastropub, one of our favorite places to eat and drink. As is our custom, after Haven we took a nice walk through the surrounding neighborhoods, populated with old homes (many 100+ years old) on tree-lined streets, and through a historic park where we sometimes get to watch local college baseball. Back in Old Towne we stopped at a bottle shop affiliated with Haven, where we picked up a bottle of red wine and a 4-pack of East Brother Beer Co. Festbier, which I am drinking now
image.jpg

Verdant is a beast. I've used it several times. It is also a top fermenting yeast so harvesting is quite simple.

image.jpg
In the middle of my brew day, I wanted something to drink after lunch. Here is the last bottle of my somewhat disappointing second batch of Janet’s Brown Ale. This one ended up with that weird Voss twang, which is not a good fit for this beer. Next attempt promises to be better.

Back