What are you drinking right now?

image.jpg
Showing off my homebrew with some of the drought tolerant plants in my little back yard. We have lived here 23+ years, and love the little habitat we have created. Many birds, insects, reptiles, and the occasional mammal take shelter in our little space.

Thats very nice of you. I mean, I'm open to options if my back never heals right lol
Don't know what the extent of your back injury is, but, DDP Yoga has helped me a whole lot. 30 years of concrete work and a half dozen car wrecks later, still mostly functional, most days.

Not sure what is going on with my Black IPA, it's not clearing up at all, and has a very yeastie flavor. I don't mind that it's not clear, but it isn't tasting right. I just hit it with gelatin, will leave it sit now for a couple days and see what happens.
20210509_173743.jpg

Found a surprise pack of cream ale that turned out to actually be amber ale! The "too dark brown" beer is starting to taste like a schwartzbier (not a great one), so I poured half amber and half dark brown ale for this pint. Now this is a tasty brew. Cheers
20210509_162127.jpg

If I didn't know the ingredients and how it was brewed there is no way I would of thought it would turn out like this brewing never ceases to amaze me:)
Resized_20210510_182755.jpeg

Looks by all means a pilsner/helles type lager right?

Well it's supposed to be a blond ale fermented with 34/70 at ale temps to bring out the esters and keg hopped with Cascade.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1146240/anzac-ale
I used SMB on transfer to mitigate keg hopping I'm going to keep experimenting with SMB for packaging my beer as an Antioxidant I recommend you try it I think there's some merit to it...

Yeah I added like .4g to the bottom of the keg along with geletin and keg hop.
It's supposed to scrub oxygen therefore keeping your bevey fresher for longer.
It should mitigate any introduced o2 from transfer.

I usually purge keg with co2 produced from fermentation I did in this beers case but I opened it to add the extras so thought I'd try some SMB.

I've done it once or twice before

I just ordered another 500g of the stuff so will be putting it to good use soon.
Also Gash Slug uses it to purge his kegs.
He fills a keg full of water adds 1/4 teaspoon of SMB and pushes this out with co2 uses the SMB solution instead of starsan...

It should mitigate any introduced o2 from transfer.
Thanks. I fill my kegs with CO2 after cleaning, leaving them with a quart or so of star san and under some pressure. I'm able to pressure transfer into the keg, so for the most part no oxygen is introduced.

Good to know though. I learn something new every day!

Back