What are you drinking right now?

Milk stout. Rest of it is in bottles since I made the batch for a buddy. I kept a few back. View attachment 15725
That looks yummy. I do an oatmeal stout on occasion that's really nice. Pretty high ABV, though, and will knock yer socks off. I think the last batch I made hit nearly 11% ABV. It was still smooth, so would sneak up on you with the subtlety of a 12 pound hammer.

Well, now that I've seen that, I'm not quite as disappointed in the color of my Leffe Abbey Blonde. Drinking a very flat sample at the moment. Wasn't enough to fill a bottle, so that's normally where I grab my pre-carb taste sample. It's nice, but now I'm anxious for the finished product.

I started the Leffe Blonde before I joined BF, so haven't posted the recipe for it. There may already be one, dunno.

This one was all-grain, and I typically have pretty good luck with all-grain batches. Can't really say I've had bad luck with any of them, though, all-grain or extract. Maybe just a shade more bitter than I expected for a 26 IBU, but 30's pretty much my breaking point on bitter. I'm a bitter old man and need all the sweetening I can get. No point in making it worse by drinking bitter beer. OG was 1.062, FG was 1.012, target original was 1.068, +/- that last digit thing. So, my extra sparging (just because the recipe said so) probably diluted the wort a bit too much. Probably closer to 1.011 FG, but my hydrometer is graduated in 2 point scale marks. I have to guess at the odd numbers because the meniscus around the bulb tends to distort what I'm' trying to see. I normally just look at the last mark above the meniscus and call it quits. Pretty pleased with the outcome because I really enjoyed the store-bought version the missus brought home for me. Photo attached of the original carton and the pre-carb version in a glass. Interestngly, my measured ABV is pretty much identical to the advertized ABV of the store-bought version. My calculations say 6.563 Survey said!?! (see photo). I even put the tailings of the home-brew back into the original bottles with Leffe embossed on them.

Just bottled 57 bottles, and probably left at least 6 in the fermenter because I let the racking cane slip and stir up the trub. This is the one I over filled, so no real biggie on losing a little. Hardly any krausen inside the fermenter. I think most of it burped out through the air-lock and turned into yeast sludge on the lid.

I sampled the batch before the priming, and it was just a wee bit tart, but pretty sure it isn't spoilt. Post prime sample is much better. I taste everything along the way, dry grain, mash, wort, pre-carb, and LOTS of tasting after conditioning. o_O It's how I know I'm doing it right or if got the wrong recipe for my consumption.

View attachment 15721
I have had, and really like the Brun, I should try the blond too

Point me at your favorite Brun recipe. I haven't done a brun yet. Looking for something to use the slurry I just harvested from the blonde.
Sorry, I have never brewed either style

Local Pilsner at the lake. Very refreshing
20210513_124324.jpg

This one looks really nice.
Leffe Brune | Belgian Golden Strong Ale All Grain Beer Recipe at Brewer's Friend (brewersfriend.com)

I like the Leffe Blonde. This one has similar numbers other than color. I'm thinking the darker beer may be a little maltier, though, because the darker malts tend to introduce some non-fermentable sugars.
Whatever you settle on to brew, start a thread for it in the recipes for feedback sub forum. I might want to give this a crack one day!

Im drinking my common pale ale, the beer I keep going back to as my go to beer

View attachment 757
I am drinking a sour from a local brewery that I found at BevMo while experimenting with ideas. I don't have any drinkable homebrew at the moment, got 5 gal currently in secondary with raspberry and blueberry puree and then I have 48 bottles of a Lutra and 48 bottles of a Strawberry Honey Kolsch that are currently conditioning right now lol

Whatever you settle on to brew, start a thread for it in the recipes for feedback sub forum. I might want to give this a crack one day!
Sure. I'll hunt the thread down and make it so. Just gotta get the stuff for it first, and have two recipes ahead of that, too. One fermenting, one will get brewed tomorrow (the McSorley's recipe I just put up), and the other (another Rapier Wit) will go in next week. All the yeast research I've been doing has me very curious now about trying different strains in the Rapier for different ferment rates and to just LEARN.

For a 4.1% American style IPA, this is very good. I think I posted this recently. At the time, I just bought one to try it out, went back and grabbed a few more. It is very bitter, but there is enough malt flavor to back it up. The name "61" refers to the depth of the well (61 meters).
20210514_182301.jpg
20210514_182801.jpg

Back