What are you drinking right now?

One of my last Shady Bohs :(

Either my swing top bottles are slowly leaking pressure or I'm bad at closing swing tops properly. Sucks either way, will be avoiding these bottles in the future
View attachment 15775
That's a purty color, though. Pity you lost that one. But, your exact complaint is why I talked myself out of using those to start with. They're cool lookin and all that, but nah, I'd rather have a cap land across the room somewhere than to open one and go "BLEGH!" Knock on wood, so far not a single bottle boom or infection in nearly 30 batches. This reminds me of the old Crown Royal ad in magazines with the broken bottle laying on the concrete and the caption "Ever seen a grown man cry?"

Couple of Pee's for the road!
20210516_141235.jpg

That's a purty color, though. Pity you lost that one. But, your exact complaint is why I talked myself out of using those to start with. They're cool lookin and all that, but nah, I'd rather have a cap land across the room somewhere than to open one and go "BLEGH!" Knock on wood, so far not a single bottle boom or infection in nearly 30 batches. This reminds me of the old Crown Royal ad in magazines with the broken bottle laying on the concrete and the caption "Ever seen a grown man cry?"
Thanks :) fun thing about this beer is if I pour it into a tulip glass it will look pitch black

So after 12 days of bottle conditioning, and 2 days in the fridge, it is still not fully carbonated. The first taste that came to mind is the banana, but not overpowering, lots of rich stone fruit (fig/prune and such), and although the malt is very apparent, it is definitely in the background. First impression is, "this is a really good beer", but I will be patient from here on out. Will have one more for the zoom meeting, and leave the rest to condition and mature for at least a few months.
20210516_145038.jpg

Don't know what the extent of your back injury is, but, DDP Yoga has helped me a whole lot. 30 years of concrete work and a half dozen car wrecks later, still mostly functional, most days.
Thanks for the advice, I looked into it and it seems intriguing. I asked my doctor if she thought it would help, hopefully she approves me trying it out. Do you do the DVDs or the app? The app seems most convenient

Hmmm, maybe a Voss in the Rapier Wit. It's SUPPOSED to be citrus, but often the orange peel doesn't quite put that little bitey citrus feel in the mouth. Too mild. I tweaked it with a touch of lemon one time, and that was FANTASTIC.
The hefeweizen I brewed, I put the zest of 3 large oranges in the keg. That did the trick.

Back