What are you drinking right now?

First pour of the Irish Stout. My opinion may change but this is the best iteration of it I’ve made. Used Nottingham, thanks @BOB357 , and treated my water. Neither of those I did before. Also my schools boys just won the district title In Basketball. View attachment 14731
Looks like a winner !

A friend dropped off two of these last night, and research shows it's supposed to be the holy grail of NEIPAs. Never heard of it before. I'll have it later today. My presumption is that it'll taste like a Wayner's Pale Ale. For the first one, I'll heed the instructions to "Drink from the can", so sorry, no glasses will be soiled in the making of this tasting...

Can.jpg

A friend dropped off two of these last night, and research shows it's supposed to be the holy grail of NEIPAs. Never heard of it before. I'll have it later today. My presumption is that it'll taste like a Wayner's Pale Ale. For the first one, I'll heed the instructions to "Drink from the can", so sorry, no glasses will be soiled in the making of this tasting...

View attachment 14733
That's funny because a co worker gave me 2 of them yesterday. Let us know what you think. I had some a couple of years ago but dont recall anything about it.

First pour of the Irish Stout. My opinion may change but this is the best iteration of it I’ve made. Used Nottingham, thanks @BOB357 , and treated my water. Neither of those I did before. Also my schools boys just won the district title In Basketball. View attachment 14731
It's a win win, congrats!

View attachment 14733
It's a very good beer, IMO. Holy Grail? Maybe it was when it first came out because it was so different from everything else. Now I would just consider it a good example of the style.

@Frankenbrewer @Megary
It is indeed a good beer. Not a holy grail though. As I had imagined, Wayner's Pale Ale is very similar, lots of hops but not crazy bitter. They use Simcoe instead of Mosaic, so the flavor profile is just a bit different.

Marketing is creating a perceived scarcity, elevating the product perception. When they first started making this all those years ago it probably was earth shattering. But my batch of Wayner's was about as good. Testament to @HighVoltageMan! and his recipe.

2 from last night and I just opened the IPA. I love Moonlight Brewing, I highly recommend their beers if you can find them (based in Sonoma County, CA). I bought their black pilsner in lieu of Guinness this year for the holiday, but at least it's the right color :D
20210317_151130.jpg
20210317_155244.jpg
20210318_164341.jpg

2 from last night and I just opened the IPA. I love Moonlight Brewing, I highly recommend their beers if you can find them (based in Sonoma County, CA). I bought their black pilsner in lieu of Guinness this year for the holiday, but at least it's the right color :D
View attachment 14736 View attachment 14737 View attachment 14738
What a line up!
Cider. Some of that head is the previous beer lol!
20210319_181847.jpg

Gunna do another small batch tomorrow.
1st to see if that frozen dried yeast works.
2nd to test out apple/pear/cherry juice hmm:).

Oh I've lost me rubber tap grommets (I put them down somewhere:oops:) hope not in the bin....

What a line up!
Cider. Some of that head is the previous beer lol!
View attachment 14742
Gunna do another small batch tomorrow.
1st to see if that frozen dried yeast works.
2nd to test out apple/pear/cherry juice hmm:).

Oh I've lost me rubber tap grommets (I put them down somewhere:oops:) hope not in the bin....
Too many ciders! Ben be throwing shit out!!!

Ha! Did that cleaning the taps the other day. Put them down and man I can't find them.
You know put them in a really safe place.:D
Where you would remember to look for them...

Back