What are you drinking right now?

I must be doing something right, I just kegfed this last night. I had it cold crashing under about 3 PSI for 4 days, then 30PSI for about 24 hours, and Ihave head retention and some lacing...
20210319_213007.jpg

This was earlier yesterday evening, David Heaths ESB, tasting fine, and looking pretty good too!
View attachment 14772

@Craigerrr and @Josh Hughes , how do your ESB's compare to Fuller's ESB? I think that will be my next brew, after tomorrow's Irish Red (assuming work doesn't interfere). Since I assume we can all get access to Fullers ESB, it would be a good benchmark to use.

@Craigerrr and @Josh Hughes , how do your ESB's compare to Fuller's ESB? I think that will be my next brew, after tomorrow's Irish Red (assuming work doesn't interfere). Since I assume we can all get access to Fullers ESB, it would be a good benchmark to use.
This is the first time I’ve made a “clone” of it.
My other ESB wasn’t anything like it. It was darker and had more of the maltiness I associate with a brown ale but drier. It was quite tasty though

I will say that David Heath's ESB is darker in color, is a bit more malty (but not a lot), and a bit more bitter. I used a wee bit more bittering hop than was called for, just because I had proportioned 28 gram packages of Magnum (I believe the recipe called for 20 grams). I love the Fullers ESB, and I would put this up for comparison to it. I'm not sure if I will scale back the bittering hops, or stick with what I did, but I will absolutely brew this again with no other changes.

Dam fine indeed!
So will go into rotation?
Live that colour mmm it's a disappearing act waiting to happen :).
Yup ive not brewed the style either ...
I will definitely brew this again, might skip a cycle or two in the rotation, but it's a goer for sure!

I mentioned earlier that I brewed this last Friday, seven days grain to glass, and I said it tasted a lot like Wayner's. Ben pointed out quite rightly that it looks like Wayner's too, and it does. Where it differs is in the type of bitterness. The bitterness is a little mor forward, which makes sense as this one got a bittering addition... At any rate, I have been tweaking and tickling this recipe for a long time now. By jove, I think this is it! I can't think of any way that I would want to change this now.
This is what I always wanted Cit Ruby Cit to be...
20210321_001121.jpg

I mentioned earlier that I brewed this last Friday, seven days grain to glass, and I said it tasted a lot like Wayner's. Ben pointed out quite rightly that it looks like Wayner's too, and it does. Where it differs is in the type of bitterness. The bitterness is a little mor forward, which makes sense as this one got a bittering addition... At any rate, I have been tweaking and tickling this recipe for a long time now. By jove, I think this is it! I can't think of any way that I would want to change this now.
This is what I always wanted Cit Ruby Cit to be...
View attachment 14783
Ah congratulations man!

Back