What are you drinking right now?

You are killing me Iol. So would you suggest longer to condition before I put in the fridge for the “lagering”?
I would defer to those more intelligent than myself. I can only speak from experience with longer term aging of darker beers, with a lot of different flavors maturing over time.

I would defer to those more intelligent than myself. I can only speak from experience with longer term aging of darker beers, with a lot of different flavors maturing over time.
I usually only put 1-2 of a batch in the friday a time so I should really take that as 3 weeks to condition instead of 2 but I do get excited
For my lagers I condition 2 weeks then refrigerate for 2 weeks before I open the first bottle.

Drinking my after work beer at work. Wishing I was at home on the Zoom meeting!

This can was definitely past its "drink by" date unfortunately :( Can anyone please tell me what the off flavor is called when a beer goes "bad"? I have a hard time describing the flavor, is it oxidation or a unique stale flavor? Ive found the "stale" flavor tastes the same regardless of beer style
20201017_165606.jpg

Drinking my after work beer at work. Wishing I was at home on the Zoom meeting!

This can was definitely past its "drink by" date unfortunately :( Can anyone please tell me what the off flavor is called when a beer goes "bad"? I have a hard time describing the flavor, is it oxidation or a unique stale flavor? Ive found the "stale" flavor tastes the same regardless of beer styleView attachment 12436
I think oxidized is usually described as cardboard or “old paper”. But I think skunky is a more common off flavor of ruined beer.

I think oxidized is usually described as cardboard or “old paper”. But I think skunky is a more common off flavor of ruined beer.
Skunky and cans don't go together. Skunking is also called lightstruck for a good reason, it takes light to skunk a beer and cans are completely opaque. It may be sulfury for some other reason but canned beer can't be lightstruck.

Skunky is like Heineken and Corona right? This taste is not that. I will try to work on identifying off flavors, and maybe someday I can accurately describe what I'm tasting lol

Skunky is like Heineken and Corona right? This taste is not that. I will try to work on identifying off flavors, and maybe someday I can accurately describe what I'm tasting lol
Cardboard is another one like all the flavours are muted.
Going mobile here drinking vienna lager.
20201018_140721.jpg

Nice! Haven't had a Murphy's in a while. It has the widget, correct?
It does have the widget.

I hadn’t seen it in a while either and I just couldn’t pass it up. Not sure what I like better...the beer or that beautiful can.

Nice looking beverage.
And it tastes better than it looks. Made a slight change to the recipe after I entered a couple things wrong in my inventory and ran short on Midnight Wheat, making up the difference with added Blackprinze was just what it needed.

More bunyip pale this arvo. This is fermented with home dried framgarden Kviek no a smidgen of offence tasted in this brew. Hopefully @Hawkbox might inspire you to give it a go.
Just a thought on this not many yeasts are able to withstand the drying process just a thought for any contamination risks...
20201019_175846.jpg

Back