What are you drinking right now?

Here it is: Nosy's NEIPA. Great, tropical fruit nose, mango-pineapple with pine and strawberries. Long, earthy finish, little overall bitterness, none of the harshnessI associate with the style
20201013_205232.jpg
. Don't know its shelf life. I'm drinking the Verdant version now.

Must be higher protein content in grain maybe I'm interested as to why?
If be expecting better head retention to then I suppose...

Looked at that. It's 11.5%. Pretty comparable to most Pale 2-rows.

Here it is: Nosy's NEIPA. Great, tropical fruit nose, mango-pineapple with pine and strawberries. Long, earthy finish, little overall bitterness, none of the harshnessI associate with the styleView attachment 12375 . Don't know its shelf life. I'm drinking the Verdant version now.
Outstanding man that looks like a disappearing act about to happen :).
No vanilla?

Inhaling another delectable Bunyip Ale here
20201014_183747.jpg

And cooking...

Last edited:
Having a pint of my Hop Hunter like IPA. I'm calling it Hop Hinter. I switched base malts a few batches back and all of my beers have been hazy ever since. Using Briess Brewers Malt now. Used kettle finings, cold crashed, added gelatin and using a Top Draw in the keg. Pretty much the only difference is the base malt. Will be changing that again with my next grain order.

View attachment 12372
Man that is strange. Does the haze disappear as the glass warms up? Not that you want to sacrifice a beer for scientific purposes, of course...:)

Man that is strange. Does the haze disappear as the glass warms up? Not that you want to sacrifice a beer for scientific purposes, of course...:)
This is a good test and you don't have to sacrifice a whole beer, a few ounces would do for the test. But if it disappears, you are then sure it's chill haze and not some other.

No, it's definitely not chill haze. More like an NEIPA haze. Still present even at room temperature. Here's my foam glass that's been sitting for almost an hour with about 1 1/2 ounces in it.

Haze.jpg

Having a pint of my Hop Hunter like IPA. I'm calling it Hop Hinter. I switched base malts a few batches back and all of my beers have been hazy ever since. Using Briess Brewers Malt now. Used kettle finings, cold crashed, added gelatin and using a Top Draw in the keg. Pretty much the only difference is the base malt. Will be changing that again with my next grain order.

View attachment 12372
I like that glass, and will visit that brewery next week!

I like it, but it is a “one and done” for me. Beers that I want to brew are those that I want to drink 2 or 3 or 4 in a sitting. Actually, I really like the various Weiss beers made by Weihenstephaner - they are more “crushable” and come at a better price point.

Back