What are you drinking right now?

Cool. In Kentucky we have Apple jack that is moonshine that is flavored with apple and cinnamon.
Where in Kentucky? I call Muhlenberg County my ex-home.

Lewis County. I’m in between Maysville and Ashland on the Ohio River.

Bonkers stout mmmmm
20200816_165237.jpg

What's the recipe look like? The beer looks awesome! Nice glass BTW! What a solid brewery. I plan on going back before I head home!

Yeah, I’m a big fan of Troegs, the beer and the brewery. Great place to visit. My wife and I were there back in March right before everything went sideways.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/i-visited-a-brewery-today.3168/page-10#post-99960

Brotherhood Porter
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/944534/brotherhood-porter
The vanilla is optional. For this last batch, I used Windsor but I prefer WY1450. Windsor is not much of an attenuator, but it did make a nice beer. If you ever give this a go, I’d love to hear how you make out.

You may very well be right on that. The commercial version definitely has a sweetness also, but it does have more of a bitter backbone. I'm hoping the new recipe balances it out more. We shall see soon!
I get that sweetness with Centennial also. They make a fantastic fresh hop beer btw. They work very well with piney hops like Chinook imo. I need to try some Bells Two Hearted. Centennial and C40 would make it on the deliciously sweet side and able to stand up to higher Bitterness.

Just got back after an impromptu dr visit for stitches for the kiddo. Banged his head on a chair dancing around and got a nice little gash along his eyebrow. Total champ at the doctor's
This beer is pretty good, but couldn't have more than 2 at a time i think. I'm a sucker for fruit punch though
15976029919663658073813742562986.jpg

Just got back after an impromptu dr visit for stitches for the kiddo. Banged his head on a chair dancing around and got a nice little gash along his eyebrow. Total champ at the doctor's
This beer is pretty good, but couldn't have more than 2 at a time i think. I'm a sucker for fruit punch though
View attachment 11419

Battle scars! Dad used to tell us that we could be proud if all of our scars were on the front of our heads. I guess I should be really proud of my ugly and scarred mug then. Likely would have avoided some of the battle if I'd learned to haul a$$ instead of insisting that I would be the victor and that being the first one to dive off of a high place, without knowing how deep the water was, wasn't particular smart. You live and learn. I finally learned that I'm too damned old to be going toe to toe with even a 97 pound nerd :) Now I own firearms :)

Battle scars! Dad used to tell us that we could be proud if all of our scars were on the front of our heads. I guess I should be really proud of my ugly and scarred mug then. Likely would have avoided some of the battle if I'd learned to haul a$$ instead of insisting that I would be the victor and that being the first one to dive off of a high place, without knowing how deep the water was, wasn't particular smart. You live and learn. I finally learned that I'm too damned old to be going toe to toe with even a 97 pound nerd :) Now I own firearms :)
Yeah I'm sure these are the first of many.
Here's another sour, this time with tangerines
15976079230257907573077684637297.jpg

View attachment 11419
Battle wounds and boys! Go hand in hand. With twin boys we've had our share of trips in to the ER. I have one who's a skateboarder and we'd be better off if we could get some kind of frequent injury points.
Hope your little guy has heals up soon! Good to get the 1st one under his belt early!

Battle wounds and boys! Go hand in hand. With twin boys we've had our share of trips in to the ER. I have one who's a skateboarder and we'd be better off if we could get some kind of frequent injury points.
Hope your little guy has heals up soon! Good to get the 1st one under his belt early!
Me and the missus had said the same thing! They need some sort of punch card rewards system

A flight at Wallenpaupack Brewing Co. A perfect day to sit outside and enjoy lunch and some great beers. I’ll give them extra credit for keeping everyone socially distant.

L to R:
Largemouth IPA
Samoa Stout
Captain of the Leadership Kölsch
Hawley Hefeweizen

E214BBC6-1BF5-4B5A-A53A-0D14ADF4D548.jpeg

F5F04A55-701C-4258-85C5-55DED9DA10EB.jpeg

View attachment 11419
Have a friend who claims every one of his trips to the emergency room began with the phrase, "let's build a ramp..." Hope everyone is okay and that lessons were learned.

Somehow I'm guessing you weren't exactly an angel Joe. Would I be close?
Have a friend who claims every one of his trips to the emergency room began with the phrase, "let's build a ramp..." Hope everyone is okay and that lessons were learned.
Thank you sir. He didn't quite like the 2 shots to numb the area too much, just squirmed a little though.
And not sure about lessons learned...I'm sure he'll be running around tomorrow

Back