I visited a brewery today!

Last stop of the observation was Good Life. A good solid lineup as usual. They're distilling now and make a great sheared him with local botanicals and lemon.View attachment 7574

Don't know where the hell "sheared him" came from. I typed "wheated gin". While on the subject, where did the edit option go to?

Guess maybe the post was too old to edit :)

Great trip with visits to some breweries for the first time. One of the best parts, which we never considered, was the great timing. Most of the breweries were serving their fresh hopped beers.
Bridge 99 is one of our favorites. Porter is a nice stop. There’s a distillery across from them I want to try, but they were closed last time we were there. Sorry we missed ya. Hunting was tough this year cuz I sold the trailer when we got back from the coast. So had to do day trips. Not the same as camping. Hope the trip home was okay.

Trip home was good --- thanks. Yea, day trip hunting sucks. You miss the campfire lies and all that stuff. Did you kill any protein?

I noticed a lot of does and fawns in town. They know. Didn't see any bucks though.

Wifey and I noticed a bunch of PSA type billboards out on US30 for PA's hunters to watch out for CWD and not transport potentially diseased parts like the head and back....but speaking of visiting a brewery...we returned to Roy Pitz in Chambersburg and I stuck to the lighter side of the Morey scale.

The Best Blonde lager was pretty tame stuff, nothing really special to write home about other than the glassware and the color that wifey took a picture of. Now the red...Truly Honest Amber... well that was something to talk about that paired better than their suggested brew, the blonde, with the turkey sandwich that I had. They were out of their IPA mustard so I just smeared on the Dijon that they make.

IMG_3242.JPG

P.S. Cheers to the harvest guys and keep Bambi off the roads!

Yep. Don't want them zombi deer parts spreading the disease in our hunting areas.

I know that they are well aware of brewers friend, I can only assume that they may like to turn to other topics other than beer when not working...

Cerviseria Raices in Denver. My friend Martin (of Nautical Star fame) treated us like royalty. Six beers on tap, each of them a delight. If you're in Denver, VISIT THIS BREWERY!
20191026_161427.jpg

Troegs Independent Brewing - Hershey PA

Passing through Harrisburg/Hershey PA today, we decided to take a detour to Troegs for lunch and a quick sampler. Unfortunately we still had a ways to drive home so we couldn't have but one beer each, but what a great afternoon!

Great atmosphere.
Friendly service.
Eclectic food choices (the fried mushroom risotto with truffle dijonaise comes HIGHLY recommended by yours truly)
Cool gift shop.
Oh...and Great beer!

If you ever find yourself in the area, definitely give it a go. But get a DD or call Uber, because one could easily spend all day in there!

The Front Door, just down the street from Hershey Park.

IMG_0153.JPG

Overhead of the main bar.

IMG_0138.JPG

A shot of the self-guided walking tour. (Guided tours were available)

IMG_0141.JPG

The year rounders.

IMG_0146.JPG

Special releases and "Scratch" beer offerings.

IMG_0147.JPG

The label on Wild Elf, as it ages in its cask.

IMG_0149.JPG

My wife and I opted for the 2 "Scratch" beers, since these are one-off never again brews. Maybe someday a descendent of these beers will make it into normal rotation, maybe not. Raspberry-Lime Tart Ale and Sweet Stout. I'll let you all guess which is which. :)

IMG_0150.JPG

The spoils. Picked up everything from Helles to Wild Saison to Java Stout to Barleywine...

IMG_0154.JPG

Only the best of Pennsylvania! Nice trip south Megary! I headed north this week ...who woulda thunk they had good pizza in Alaska... Reindeer Sausage and all ! Had me a really cloudy lager Pribilof Pounder named after the state's first base ball team and Prince William Porter which was really good and a lovely play of dark humor on the Exxon Valdez disaster I'm sure.

20200309_165648.jpeg

Troegs Independent Brewing - Hershey PA

Passing through Harrisburg/Hershey PA today, we decided to take a detour to Troegs for lunch and a quick sampler. Unfortunately we still had a ways to drive home so we couldn't have but one beer each, but what a great afternoon!

Great atmosphere.
Friendly service.
Eclectic food choices (the fried mushroom risotto with truffle dijonaise comes HIGHLY recommended by yours truly)
Cool gift shop.
Oh...and Great beer!

If you ever find yourself in the area, definitely give it a go. But get a DD or call Uber, because one could easily spend all day in there!

The Front Door, just down the street from Hershey Park.

View attachment 8975

Overhead of the main bar.

View attachment 8976

A shot of the self-guided walking tour. (Guided tours were available)

View attachment 8977

The year rounders.

View attachment 8978

Special releases and "Scratch" beer offerings.

View attachment 8979

The label on Wild Elf, as it ages in its cask.

View attachment 8980

My wife and I opted for the 2 "Scratch" beers, since these are one-off never again brews. Maybe someday a descendent of these beers will make it into normal rotation, maybe not. Raspberry-Lime Tart Ale and Sweet Stout. I'll let you all guess which is which. :)

View attachment 8982

The spoils. Picked up everything from Helles to Wild Saison to Java Stout to Barleywine...

View attachment 8983

Looks awesome!

Back