I visited a brewery today!

Good deal.

Got my first 3 weeks ago and took the wife for her first yesterday. Go for my second next Thursday. They're telling us now that we still need to wear masks and that we're not protected from contracting the virus, even after both shots. Maybe I'll just take out one of my hearing aids so I can't hear them talking out both sides of their mouths. That makes just about as much sense :mad:

Good deal.
Got my first 3 weeks ago and took the wife for her first yesterday. Go for my second next Thursday. They're telling us now that we still need to wear masks and aren't protected, even after both shots. Maybe I'll just take out one of my hearing aids so I can't hear them talking out both sides of their mouths. That makes just about as much sense :mad:
Lol. Problem solved!

Only essential stores are open for in store shopping here since DEC 26th. Restaurants are takeout or delivery only. We do 99% of our shopping, groceries included, order online and pick up when ready. Like it so much that we will continue to do this after all this shit is behind us.

I hope wearing masks stays normal even after covid. Working in a guest-facing job, the mask is a blessing. I never realized how tiring it was keeping up the customer service smile for 8 hours :)
Yeah it's probably good customers can't see my facial expressions half the time...

I think it's also important to remember that the covid 19 vaccine does not prevent you from catching covid. It will help your body fight the disease much more effectively if you contract it after being vaccinated. Masks, 6 ft spacing, and avoiding crowds are all still essential even in a post-vaccine world. From the CDC website:
Screenshot_20210213-070352_Chrome.jpg

I think it's also important to remember that the covid 19 vaccine does not prevent you from catching covid. It will help your body fight the disease much more effectively if you contract it after being vaccinated. Masks, 6 ft spacing, and avoiding crowds are all still essential even in a post-vaccine world. From the CDC website:
View attachment 14239
Yeah it'd be nice if we had data to know whether or not vaccinated people can be carriers or not. Until then I'll just keep masking until I'm told I don't need it anymore

I hope wearing masks stays normal even after covid. Working in a guest-facing job, the mask is a blessing. I never realized how tiring it was keeping up the customer service smile for 8 hours :)

You make a great point.

Since I'm a grumpy old man, I don't need to smile much, so will be glad to get rid of these stupid masks :D:D:D

View attachment 14239

I don't put much weight in what the CDC says. They change their minds about as often as I change my skivvies. They're so pollically driven that it makes me sick.

I could care less if the vaccine works or not. I just want to be able to answer Yes for the 1000th time I'm asked if I've had it and have the dialogue end there. Not quite as satisfying as the middle finger, but a conversation ender nonetheless.

I could care less if the vaccine works or not. I just want to be able to answer Yes for the 1000th time I'm asked if I've had it and have the dialogue end there. Not quite as satisfying as the middle finger, but a conversation ender nonetheless.
Well I haven't keeled over or gotten Covid in the past 3 weeks so you can take that for what it is but I can tell you from the bodyaches I got from the first shot that it does do something

Well I haven't keeled over or gotten Covid in the past 3 weeks so you can take that for what it is but I can tell you from the bodyaches I got from the first shot that it does do something
Wife and daughter got theirs about 2 months ago with zero side effects other than a sore arm. When I get a flu shot, seems about every few years I have a little reaction.
That said, I'm sure it does something and I'm willing to do whatever to get back to a normal way of life vs the bs we've been dealing with the past year.

Last edited:
Those stupid masks have reduced incidence of the flu by 98%. It's not a bad idea to keep wearing them.
My hope would be that if don't continue to wear them all the time that maybe we take a page from Japanese culture and wear one anytime you feel the least bit sick. Sales of cold/flu remedies are way down pretty much everywhere this year. That's not simply a coincidence.

Those stupid masks have reduced incidence of the flu by 98%. It's not a bad idea to keep wearing them.

Other reasons very likely contributing more to the lower than normal reported flu incidence this season:

1.People weren't traveling or going out nearly as much, many were working at home, even more were deemed non essential and not able to work at all, and children weren't studying in classrooms
2. Many people who've never gotten flu shots in the past got them last year because they were told it was especially important due to the COVID pandemic.
3. It was simply a mild flu season.
4. Many cases went unreported because people were afraid to go to hospitals and doctors' offices, suspecting them to be likely places for COVID exposure.
5. Some cases were classified as COVID because it pays better and fits the narrative espoused by those who demand mandatory mask wearing.

I'm sure I missed a few lesser contributing factors.

Of course, because a reduced flu incidence couldn’t possibly be from international travel bans, since most flus originate in cultures where pigs and ducks are raised together, or from reduced mass transit during holidays, or reduced mass transit in big cities, or the possibility that many flu deaths could have been attributed to covid, or that in the US the southern border was more controlled, etc., etc. Yep, must be the masks...

Doesn't Quaker Steak and Lube have those "lube tubes" too? Haven't been there since I was in Ohio. Those national wing chains tend not to last long in Western New York
Not sure man...
Yeah you can buy them exy just for the novalty

Back