I visited a brewery today!

Bob, if you want to continue to get along with us I politely ask you stop.

Are you guys getting the cold that is hitting TX right now? It's supposed to be well above freezing here by the weekend.

Jesus that's cold no matter where you are.

Thinking beer - beer Thinking...
the wind-chill was -27 the other night here, freakish weather
Wow I can't even comprehend that being a Queenslander:rolleyes:...
Dude I hope you've found a place to live In now?
I remember you were roughing it for a bit?

Last edited:
This is just one thread gone sideways, let's not get bent out of shape over it. Not an easy time for any of us right now. Everyone take a deep breath and resume thinking about beer.
I agree. Everyone should go back and see how this started. Individuals have different opinions on the subject of mask mandates, get over it. There’s no benefit from ad hominem attacks within our community.

We did visit a local pub yesterday. Sorry, no pics. We’ve been shut down since November and allowed to open at 25% capacity starting last Friday. Cheers all!:)

My wife and I visited a brewery (Oakshire Brewing) and a distillery (Heritage Distilling Co.) in Eugene Oregon today. Happily, mask mandates were enforced, and all participants seemed willing to comply. Beverages were consumed and enjoyed. No participants seemed to object. A good time was had by us, and others.
ETA - we also visited Sunriver Brewing, where masks were mandated, no big deal. We can do this, folks.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good time Herm. Glad everyone was safe and considerate. Ours are just doing growler fills and offsales still but most of them are doing ok. A few that were very tap room dependent haven't made it sadly. :(

Sounds like a good time Herm. Glad everyone was safe and considerate. Ours are just doing growler fills and offsales still but most of them are doing ok. A few that were very tap room dependent haven't made it sadly. :(
Man it's been such a tough time for you all over there. At least there's light at the end of the tunnel so to speak now.

I'm at a brewery right now!! First time dining in since 1 year ago. Beers from left to right: Smash Pilsner/Citra, hazy IPA, West coast IPA, Irish coffee Stout.

The Citra smash is my favorite and it's super crushable at 4.5% :D cheers!

Edited to add the brewery name: Fogbelt Brewing. Also tacos :)
20210417_123819.jpg

20210417_124418.jpg

Last edited:
I'm at a brewery right now!! First time dining in since 1 year ago. Beers from left to right: Smash Pilsner/Citra, hazy IPA, West coast IPA, Irish coffee Stout.

View attachment 15278
View attachment 15279
That’s a beautiful thing. Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 15278
View attachment 15279
Looks good! Those carnitas tacos seem proper. I ate some of those yesterday, with a margarita.

Not sitting in but getting pizza from the only local brewery and going to a friends house for a play date for the kids and some pizza and beer for us. He is buying some sours to indoctrinate me to sour beers. I supply him with some Home brew often so he can buy the beer this time. May grab a growler of something from their draft though so wash down the sours lol. All adults fully vaccinated. The brewery has a beer garden that I plan to hit soon. Indoor freaks me out simply because I’m me haha.

Back