I visited a brewery today!

Hemmingways Brewery a bit more up market beers were lovely. Had these cool "beer tubes" you could pour your beers from the table.
View attachment 14248
Tropical Island life
View attachment 14249
Green Island off the coast of Cairns
View attachment 14250
Plenty fish ;).
Had the beer tubes in Vietnam years ago. They called it fresh bia and I think it was less than a week from pitch by the time we were drinking it. It was your typical low taste lager/ale, but in the heat and humidity it was wonderful. The guide taking us around Hanoi was worried about taking the white people to a locals place.

2008-07-01_111958.jpg

Doesn't Quaker Steak and Lube have those "lube tubes" too? Haven't been there since I was in Ohio. Those national wing chains tend not to last long in Western New York
There's a quaint little Pub in Buffalo NY that has those beer tubes. Pearl Street, surely you have been there @SabreSteve !
Of course when I say, "quaint little" I jest! It is a three level Brew Pub, they often have dozens of their own brews on tap.

Last edited:
There's a quaint little Pub in Buffalo NY that has those beer tubes. Pearl Street, surely you have been there @SabreSteve !
Of course when I say, "quaint little" I just! It is a three level Brew Pub, they often have dozens of their own brews on tap.
I know Pearl Street well although it's been a few years. But I love that you call a 3 story brewery quaint. Used to be my go-to before Sabres games before 716 Food and Sport opened up just 1 block from the arena

So I can tell you first had that after having a bad case of COVID that the complications from the vaccine are mild in comparison. I came down with symptoms March 24 2020 and have almost completely recovered just now. You wearing a mask helps to protect others. As @Sunfire96 notes the vaccine helps your body fight the virus. I does not prevent you from getting COVID-19 and you can transmit it to others and kill them.

I find the attitude that wearing a mask is a big deal PATHETIC.

Many people wear them at work all day long. I bet it is possible for those who don't tolerate it well to suck it up and keep the mask on for a small amount of time.

So I can tell you first had that after having a bad case of COVID that the complications from the vaccine are mild in comparison. I came down with symptoms March 24 2020 and have almost completely recovered just now. You wearing a mask helps to protect others. As @Sunfire96 notes the vaccine helps your body fight the virus. I does not prevent you from getting COVID-19 and you can transmit it to others and kill them.

Many people wear them at work all day long. I bet it is possible for those who don't tolerate it well to suck it up and keep the mask on for a small amount of time.

I agree. I worked an entire weekend blacksmithing with a mask on without issue. I find the idea of not wearing one incredibly selfish.

If you have asthma and COPD, I can tell you first hand that wearing a mask can cause you to become out of breath when exerting even small amounts of physical effort. It's not a one size fits all thing. I seldom use my rescue inhaler unless I have a mask on and am walking around in a store. If wearing a mask is all it's touted to be, why is Fauci now recommending you wear 2? I don't think he's working on commission.

Sad state of mind, being judgmental of mankind, when we are born free, only to be restrained by our government!

As long as there are enough people to stoop and bow before them, elected officials will continue their power trips.

There are no medical conditions that restrict a person from wearing a mask, NONE. Is it uncomfortable? Of course it is. Will it harm you? No it will not.

However, NOT wearing a mask will endanger other people if you are carrying the virus. If your COPD is so bad then you are on supplemental oxygen any way and there's no problem wearing a mask over your nasal canula. Remember it's not about you it's all about protecting others.

As a long time SCUBA diver I'm very familiar with CO2 poisoning, it happens when you skip breathe while diving, you'll get a terrible headache and typically vomit. That's not happening to anyone wearing a mask.

How does a scientific/medical fact become political? Do you take precautions to prevent your wort from being infected from airborne particles? The same principle applies here.

There are no medical conditions that restrict a person from wearing a mask, NONE. Is it uncomfortable? Of course it is. Will it harm you? No it will not.

So, my struggling for breath when exerting mild physical effort, only when wearing a mask, has nothing to do with the mask and can't possibly be harmful? Not sure where you got this gem of information. Maybe I should toss my rescue inhaler and pass out from lack of oxygen right in the middle of the super market.

However, NOT wearing a mask will endanger other people if you are carrying the virus. If your COPD is so bad then you are on supplemental oxygen any way and there's no problem wearing a mask over your nasal canula. Remember it's not about you it's all about protecting others.

I'm not on oxygen and don't have problems breathing during light to moderate physical activity unless I'm wearing a mask. As for protecting others, there appears to be a lot of controversy among the experts on that subject. We wear masks when we go shopping or to places where we're required to. otherwise I wouldn't be aware that they exacerbate respiratory problems. We don't wear masks around friends, family and neighbors, nor do they around us. Believe it or not, none of us have been infected.
Please, don't try to explain that one, I hear enough hollow theory every time I turn on the news.

As a long time SCUBA diver I'm very familiar with CO2 poisoning, it happens when you skip breathe while diving, you'll get a terrible headache and typically vomit. That's not happening to anyone wearing a mask.

There's a big difference between CO2 poising and suffocation.

How does a scientific/medical fact become political? Do you take precautions to prevent your wort from being infected from airborne particles? The same principle applies here.

To not hear all of the controversy among experts on the subject, I assume you get all of your news from one source, or sources with the same goals. There's nothing political about it until the media and politically appointed medical experts take a political view and hold it above scientific fact.

Pretty bad when the best analogy for your argument on a medical topic comes from brewing practice.

BTW, keep working on that medical degree!

Back