What are you drinking right now?

A rather generous shot of Evan Williams and a pint of a Cascade/Mosaic Pale Ale I brewed to use some odds and ends.

Shot.jpg

Been staying away from the hard stuff, but after a few days of some remodeling, needed some help. Between age and apathy, this work thing is kickin' my a$$.

A rather generous shot of Evan Williams and a pint of a Cascade/Mosaic Pale Ale I brewed to use some odds and ends.

View attachment 7890

Been staying away from the hard stuff, but after a few days of some remodeling, needed some help. Between age and apathy, this work thing is kickin' my a$$.
Wowie looks at the clarity on that bob looks great.
Bloody hot one here today so chilling in the pool thinking of YOU :D
20191115_171107.jpg
too lazy to go inside to get a proper glass so a starter jar will do...

My old bones envy you this time of year. I do love the 4 seasons, but the colder ones are getting hard to take :)

My old bones envy you this time of year. I do love the 4 seasons, but the colder ones are getting hard to take :)
I feel for you mate that's why I live in the subtropics. For instance I've never seen it snowo_O. The Sunshine Coast SE Queensland has gotta be the retirement capital of Aus pretty bloody great weather year round.
But I don't see the beautiful colours of the Autumn fall and spring lasts for what feels like 2 weeks so there is plenty give and take.

View attachment 7889 This is my first try at cloning Yuengling's Classic Lager. I got close: In a side-by-side taste test the only real difference was the original is more mineraly, balanced toward sulfate rather than chloride.
Nice looking beer, I have had the Yeungling when Pittsburgh a few years back, nice beer. As I recall, it is a larger with some nice malt character...

Is that an antique sewing machine there Nosy

Nice looking beer, I have had the Yeungling when Pittsburgh a few years back, nice beer. As I recall, it is a larger with some nice malt character...

Is that an antique sewing machine there Nosy
Yep. Wife is an avid seamstress.

Mom had an old Singer treadle when we were kids. Don't know whatever happened to it, but thinking it would be worth some serious bucks now.

You both gotta have ya hobbies I recon your an avid brewer ;)
Fairly avid. Unfortunately more avid a brewer than drinker. I need to invite all y'all over to help me dispose of some....
In other news, just sampled my ESB, the HMS Victory recipe I posted some time back for consideration as an ESB. It's a very nice beer despite a brew day disaster - I started chilling, left for dinner at kids, came back and the kettle was full of foam! Only thing is that it may be a bit too aggressively bitter. Lots will like it, it's a nice, clean, woody bitterness, but I'd like a bit more balance. Since someone - I can't remember who, asked for an ESB recipe, I'll continue to update. At this point, my assessment is the basics of the recipe are good, just need some fine-tuning on the bitterness.

Problem is, some of those grains won't be available to me outside of special orders or online.... Next brew will be with more mundane stuff.

Malty goodness. The nose is malt with just a hint of...Jack and Coke?? Doppelbocks might not be my first or even fifth choice as far as beers go, but this is pretty damn fine. I can’t imagine how good this must be fresh out of a Bavarian tap.

EE46528A-BB9F-4AC8-A2FC-D0D11F04882E.jpeg

I feel for you mate that's why I live in the subtropics. For instance I've never seen it snowo_O. The Sunshine Coast SE Queensland has gotta be the retirement capital of Aus pretty bloody great weather year round.
But I don't see the beautiful colours of the Autumn fall and spring lasts for what feels like 2 weeks so there is plenty give and take.
Yep, no four seasons up there. Just more humid and less humid.

Back