What are you drinking right now?

Not sure you’re a Vanilla Porter fan or not, but we’ve brewed a clone of Dry Dock’s “Urca” Vanilla Porter several times and have one fermenting now as it’s one of our favorites. Have you had one from the brewery and your thoughts?
Love their Naked Porter, the base beer for Urca sans vanilla. It's roasty as hell and SWAMBO loves it. Not a fan of the vanilla version but that's generally the case with vanilla beer. They do a thing at the brewery, anyone screws something up badly they take a knee and down a "vanilla thunder", a nasty blend based on the Urca. If you're a vanilla fan you'll like it.

Love their Naked Porter, the base beer for Urca sans vanilla. It's roasty as hell and SWAMBO loves it. Not a fan of the vanilla version but that's generally the case with vanilla beer. They do a thing at the brewery, anyone screws something up badly they take a knee and down a "vanilla thunder", a nasty blend based on the Urca. If you're a vanilla fan you'll like it.
Sampling’s prior to Vanilla additions has always had me wondering how good of a Porter it would be sans the vanilla. May have to try that. Next time that is.

My pilsner, movie night

IMG_20191109_181821369-1512x2016.jpg

A PBR after replacing all our shower valves, handles, seats and all kinds of other fun shtuff.

I feel for ya! I just started my construction project today after spending a grand on materials. Got 2 doorways stripped down and ready for ne pre hung doors after the flooring is replaced. Picking up the flooring tomorrow and starting on the reconstruction.

Having a Celebration right now. I'm not sure it's the bit of age that makes it taste better in the Spring it or knowing that you'll have to wait until next year to savor it again. Either way, I enjoy it while it lasts.

First 4oz pull on my Nautical Star. Six days in the keg after 17 days in the fermenter. Not quite carbed yet. Very nice chocolate and roast taste. Couldn’t get Carafa, so just doubled up (minus some) on the chocolate 350. I also added some Cascade leaf at 5 min. When I was mashing, all I could smell was roast and thought I created “roast bomb.” But all is well and perfectly balanced.
Thanks to Nosybear for the recipe and initiative on this brew!
upload_2019-11-11_15-47-19.jpeg

Wife grabbed a six pack of Killian’s. Haven’t had this in years and is definitely a great beer for a nice fall/overcast day.

View attachment 7859
Man, I haven't had that in years either. Might have to add it to the list!

First 4oz pull on my Nautical Star. Six days in the keg after 17 days in the fermenter. Not quite carbed yet. Very nice chocolate and roast taste. Couldn’t get Carafa, so just doubled up (minus some) on the chocolate 350. I also added some Cascade leaf at 5 min. When I was mashing, all I could smell was roast and thought I created “roast bomb.” But all is well and perfectly balanced.
Thanks to Nosybear for the recipe and initiative on this brew!
View attachment 7860

Looks damn delicious!

Back