What are you doing with homebrew today?

Picking hops brewing beer
20240309_122323.jpg

Tapped and rinsed a keg of party-gyled brown ale. Am consuming a wannabe 'bourbon stout that ended up being a Bourbon Brown' from the other half of the party-gyle. Trying to sort out how to soften the oak bite from the soaked spirals used.
Am in process of cold crashing a home version of an Irish Red Ale.
Am in conditioning stage of Northern Brewer "John Q Adams Marblehead Lager" received via SudScription.

Last edited:
The thin plastic is what mine had. The dry erase markers just sucked into the plastic. I like the magnet lable with chalk board paint. Easy to remove mark on and just set back in place.
I tried my Dry Erase marker on another fellow's new handles (same plastic) and it was fine.
Tried to get Formica samples at Home Depot, but they're mail order only.

I did notice that the bare galvanized metal actually dd a great job as well.

I bought one of those hop canisters a while but the screw on lid wont stay on. I may need to put a couple screws throughtbe lid to use it.

I bought one of those hop canisters a while but the screw on lid wont stay on. I may need to put a couple screws throughtbe lid to use it.
Sounds like a defect I'd try and get my money back or a replacement.

Cleaned the keg and found a new way to clean lines without causing the same disaster I had last time. When I did, I found out the seals from the gas in post were fucky. Ordered a cheap fix on Amazon that seems to work. Giving myself time to set things up and finding things when I clean has saved me a bunch of headaches.

Cleaned the keg and found a new way to clean lines without causing the same disaster I had last time. When I did, I found out the seals from the gas in post were fucky. Ordered a cheap fix on Amazon that seems to work. Giving myself time to set things up and finding things when I clean has saved me a bunch of headaches.
Nothing worse than Fucky posts man! :D

Tapped and rinsed a keg of party-gyled brown ale. Am consuming a wannabe 'bourbon stout that ended up being a Bourbon Brown' from the other half of the party-gyle. Trying to sort out how to soften the oak bite from the soaked spirals used.
Am in process of cold crashing a home version of an Irish Red Ale.
Am in conditioning stage of Northern Brewer "John Q Adams Marblehead Lager" received via SudScription.
You could try liquoring back as in replace some of the keg with some brown ale beer this should cut the Oak...

I have the opposite problem with mine. If I tighten it too much, can't get the bugger open again without twisting the screen body. I put some FS grease on the threads last time, which helped. Not fond of using that stuff where it can make contact with the beer, but sometimes I don't find an alternative.

Back