What are you doing with homebrew today?

Transferring the kolsch. It looks real crispy, I can't wait to try it
20240324_092153.jpg

I milled grains this morning, got mash going.
While mashing I watered the garden and decided on what beer exactly I was going to make.
During the boil I kegged my Foxy Wheat, as I will use the slurry for Foxy Vedett.
Now chilling in a water bath (the wort, not me)

Wort was chilled enough and when I worked out how much to dilute, I saw I didn't have enough room temp (boiled) water.
So, it's not going to be a approx 3% beer, but a 4-4.5 % one
Fits the description of a sessions IPA :)

Here we go Video is uploaded ready to view.

Hanky Panky Keg carb Shanky :p
Douple up load on one part of the video but I'm getting better at it lol well I hope so.

Enjoy

Food for thought hey?
Another excellent video Ben. Good question on whether the O2 in the keg would be consumed by the yeast. And if it would consume all the O2, how long would it take?

Another excellent video Ben. Good question on whether the O2 in the keg would be consumed by the yeast. And if it would consume all the O2, how long would it take?
Thanks Larry I'm glad you liked it.

My daughter loves to bomb em wanting my attention when I'm talking at my phone again:p.

Be carefully not to over pressure the gauge, once you go past a certain point you will damage the movement. Then you will get an incorrect reading, always...
Cheers yup want to get a digital one so this won't matter...

That pressure guage is a few years old so I'm cool with it being out.

Honestly man I've never taken it that high lol;)

Cheers yup want to get a digital one so this won't matter...

That pressure guage is a few years old so I'm cool with it being out.

Honestly man I've never taken it that high lol;)
You sure that wasn't 10 psi vacuum? :eek:

Finally brewed today after a long winded double take no Tripple Take Zoom Metting lol after the littlies Chocolate meltdown then two Zoom meetings running in Parallel it felt like a scean out of the Matrix :D I wanted to take the red pill honestly...:eek:

Filled the kettle last night for an early start and all but Easter bunny made his mark ;);).

20240330_195838.jpg

Brewed my poor bastard GF lager smashed 13 brix ending Gravity.
20240331_155105.jpg

Last edited:
I tried a little of my wheat beer with strissel spalt hop.
Needs more carbonation, but I think it's gonna turn out OK.
It's the batch with mash issues. Too high temp for a short while
Fermented down okay, so all good :D

measured out grains for Saturday's brew session
Two bottom left bins are Maris Otter
Wheat malt on top of that
The three on the left are 460 grams of flaked wheat, 700 grams of flaked oats, and 200 grams of rice hulls all mixed together good.
Will be using up the last 121 grams of Rakau, the balance (290 grams) will be Citra
I have lots of Centennial and Chinook so probably a WC IPA will be the next brew after this one

1712279714687.png

Back