Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Knocked the dust off the Weber OTG Friday night and grilled up some brats and turkey burgers. All my attention has been focused on the Akorn this summer so it was nice to show some love to my trusty Weber. It did not fail.
I have sirloins going on the Weber tonight.

Got beans, bacon, and several racks of baby backs and a chuck going on the pit this weekend. Who else is playing with fire, lump, coals, and wood this weekend?

Can’t wait to see! Who else...? does 357 ring a bell :D

Haven't decided yet. Just grilling a few Italian sausages tonight. Maybe do a tri-tip tomorrow. We usually stay home on the holiday weekends.

Kind of watching our waist sizes since we'll be traveling and doing a lot of pub grub and craft beer from the 10th to the 27th of Sept. Want to have plenty of room for expansion :)

Lol. @BOB357 is oddly quiet the last couple days. He must be out chopping wood for his bbq weekend:p

I'm just a quiet person. Been handling some problems with medications and getting things ready for our trip starting the 10th. Plan on bringing my laptop on the trip, so the silence won't be quite so deafening :)

Hope all is well Bob. Health is always a close second to good beer and fine whiskey!

I kid of course. Nothing wrong at all with eating and living clean a bit to enjoy life more when possible. Despite how it may portray on the www, I typically live a pretty clean lifestyle. Right now i'm working out like a friend so I can afford to live a bit more rambunctiously than I typically do.
Good luck getting everything in order.

Hope all is well Bob. Health is always a close second to good beer and fine whiskey!

I kid of course. Nothing wrong at all with eating and living clean a bit to enjoy life more when possible. Despite how it may portray on the www, I typically live a pretty clean lifestyle. Right now i'm working out like a friend so I can afford to live a bit more rambunctiously than I typically do.
Good luck getting everything in order.

Thanks. Nothing serious. DR. just gets more insistent as I get older. I try to keep my body in a condition that no self respecting germ, virus or other foreign entity wants any part of it. So far it's worked pretty well.

Ribs on. Probably wait and put the chuck on in the morning.
20180901_161215-1024x1365.jpg

Got a lil chuck on this morning. Tossed a sirloin on for no reason other than it's been in the fridge and unclaimed. Salt and pepper only and using hickory. I ran outta mesquite and only place open this early with wood is HD or Lowes. Neither are happening today.
20180902_075849-1024x1365.jpg

Got a lil chuck on this morning. Tossed a sirloin on for no reason other than it's been in the fridge and unclaimed. Salt and pepper only and using hickory. I ran outta mesquite and only place open this early with wood is HD or Lowes. Neither are happening today.
View attachment 3819
That looks nice TW! Looks like a green egg type of bbq. I hear they are great at retaining heat. I think we will end up with pub food tonight since tomorrow we are headed out camping for a week.

That looks nice TW! Looks like a green egg type of bbq. I hear they are great at retaining heat. I think we will end up with pub food tonight since tomorrow we are headed out camping for a week.

Have fun camping. Miriam and I will be in Bend from Tues. afternoon 9/25 until Thurs, AM 9/27. Would love to meet up if you and Lisa have some time Tues. evening or any time Wed.

Yes sir, we are planning on it either Tuesday or Wednesday evening, which ever works best for you guys. We can private message on the details. I will start the thread soon.

Next up is the cornbread for this afternoon. I put my cast iron in and take the Q up to 400f. Toss in half a stick of butter, then pour in the batter.
20180903_103255-1024x1365.jpg

20180903_105111-1024x1365.jpg

Been a fun weekend playing with meat and fire!

Back