Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

I'm with Nosy. Grew up on ham hocks and beans with corn bread. Mom didn't make sweet corn bread, but sometimes did it with sourdough starter. MMMMMmmmm

BLASPHEMY! You boys was just raised all sorts of wrong! hahah!
Sweet cornbread, ham hocks & beans, greens with hot vinegar. Don't know about frosting, but it's all sorts of good with some butter and honey, or even some molasses. YUM! Brer Rabbit blackstrap to be exact!

just finished off leftovers last night of the same thing, I add the corn bread to my bowl then pour the beans on top and top it off with fresh onion pieces, I like bean soup too

Sweet cornbread, ham hocks & beans, greens with hot vinegar. Don't know about frosting, but it's all sorts of good with some butter and honey, or even some molasses. YUM! Brer Rabbit blackstrap to be exact!

I'm with you on everything but the sweet corn bread. Of course it doesn't make much difference if you put honey on it :)

I got a new toy. I think I have some learnin to do now LOL. Starting out with a 9lb Brisket. Maybe some sweet cornbread.

20180903_151451.jpg

20180903_151429.jpg

I'll go with anything except the sweet cornbread.... Enough butter and honey or molasses and hey, you have frosting!

Nice Q Chico! I have been thinking of one of those for years. The gas grill just doesn’t do bbq. I use my smoker for that.

Haven't smoked or BBQed anything in almost a month. Gonna do a pork shoulder today on the Traeger. Got a head of cabbage for some slaw too. Nothing like pulled pork and slaw. Might just put on a pot of ham hocks and pinto beans with some fresh picked Jalapeños to round off a good cool weather supper.
Pork Shoulder.jpg

An 8 pounder slathered with mustard, followed by my Pulled Pork & Rib Rub and a good dusting of brown sugar. Low & slow @ 225F with Li'l Devil pellet blend.

Haven't smoked or BBQed anything in almost a month. Gonna do a pork shoulder today on the Traeger. Got a head of cabbage for some slaw too. Nothing like pulled pork and slaw. Might just put on a pot of ham hocks and pinto beans with some fresh picked Jalapeños to round off a good cool weather supper.View attachment 4025
An 8 pounder slathered with mustard, followed by my Pulled Pork & Rib Rub and a good dusting of brown sugar. Low & slow @ 225F with Li'l Devil pellet blend.
Sounds amazing.
I had to take a little break from all the Q I was doing. I could eat and do Q all day every day, but I try to be a bit fit and healthy and all that doesn't really lead to a very healthy lifestyle lol.
That said, my wife purchased an outside griddle for me for my birthday. Ain't much healthy stuff coming off that either!

Sounds amazing.
I had to take a little break from all the Q I was doing. I could eat and do Q all day every day, but I try to be a bit fit and healthy and all that doesn't really lead to a very healthy lifestyle lol.
That said, my wife purchased an outside griddle for me for my birthday. Ain't much healthy stuff coming off that either!

Thanks TW! Now if it all tastes amazing it will have been a good day. If I had an outside griddle the grave would be 10 years closer :) When the Doc put me on the no spuds. rice, pasta or bread diet, he told me I could eat all the steaks and ribs I want. To me that means live on smoked and grilled foods with some beans on the side, so I didn't argue. He also wanted me to give up whiskey and beer. My answer was a resounding NO!

Thanks TW! Now if it all tastes amazing it will have been a good day. If I had an outside griddle the grave would be 10 years closer :) When the Doc put me on the no spuds. rice, pasta or bread diet, he told me I could eat all the steaks and ribs I want. To me that means live on smoked and grilled foods with some beans on the side, so I didn't argue. He also wanted me to give up whiskey and beer. My answer was a resounding NO!
My PCP told me the same and my reply about beer was identical

Back