Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

I second the pastrami idea. Or corned beef if you prefer. Both the same process. Just one is smoked and the other boiled. I have a dry cure recipe if you need one.

This was just too good not to share :) :

Just made a double batch of my Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce. Should get me through the rest of the year.
BBQ Sauce.jpg

Attachments

• Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce.pdf
    239.8 KB · Views: 116
I have a whole bottom round that weighs in at about 10 lbs. Originally was going to do just like I would a brisket, but conflicting schedules of friends and family didn't allow a bunch to eat it. Gotta get it out of the freezer soon.

Now, I'm debating on whether to do it up as Pastrami or just make up a whopper batch of jerky and Slim Jims and freeze most of it. Even considering part of it for hot links, but I can buy good hot links for less than it costs to make them. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I know Jeff would use 4 times this much without batting an eye :) BTW Jeff, where are you hiding these days?

I have a whole bottom round that weighs in at about 10 lbs. Originally was going to do just like I would a brisket, but conflicting schedules of friends and family didn't allow a bunch to eat it. Gotta get it out of the freezer soon.

Now, I'm debating on whether to do it up as Pastrami or just make up a whopper batch of jerky and Slim Jims and freeze most of it. Even considering part of it for hot links, but I can buy good hot links for less than it costs to make them. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I know Jeff would use 4 times this much without batting an eye :) BTW Jeff, where are you hiding these days?

Been wondering where he's been myself. Maybe his wife saw the pics he posted of her mowing the lawn loll. My vote almost always go to meats on the Q. Eating the last bag of my pulled pork now. Might have to get a couple butts on the barrel this weekend. I love having gallon freezer bags of the stuff ready to pull out and do whatever with. Beans, eggs, sauce it. Whatever.

I think my next outdoor accessory is going to be a 36" Blackstone Griddle. I hate draggin our indoor griddle out and dealing with the mess. I'd rather have an outdoor and heap pounds of bacon on it and torture the neighbors with the incredible aromas coming off my patio.

Been looking at (drooling over) those outdoor griddles, but have no room for more toys, I'll just be content grill mats. Our kitchen range has a large griddle, but I hate to clean up the mess, so only use it for pancakes, tortillas and stuff that don't splatter $hit. Usually just use a cast iron skillet on the Traeger if I want fry something.

Ive been wondering as well were the man with the Corvette has gone @jeffpn did ya missus not see the funny side of the joke her mowing lawn and all whilst ya enjoy the toils of your brewing labours:p!!

Well heres some of me bday meats a leg of lamb and 2kg beef rump roast fat on! Will be this some roast chook from lacal store (they can cook that) and some sides potatoe bake a cauliflower broccoli bake roast vegies and a big pot of gravey to soak it all in and some mini bread buns to mop up with. And of course fresh brewed beer to clear the grease off the esophagus :D!
20180809_171117.jpg

I'll gladly get up in the middle of the night to join you. As you've likely discovered by now, I'm usually up in our wee hours. Can't tell you how many times I've dialed up a couple of my Aussie friends and Irish in-laws in the middle of their night. They seldom do the same to me, so I'm guessing they're not a bunch of drunks. In any event, have a great B'day just in case I don't get the opportunity to wish you one before it happens.

I'll gladly get up in the middle of the night to join you. As you've likely discovered by now, I'm usually up in our wee hours. Can't tell you how many times I've dialed up a couple of my Aussie friends and Irish in-laws in the middle of their night. They seldom do the same to me, so I'm guessing they're not a bunch of drunks. In any event, have a great B'day just in case I don't get the opportunity to wish you one before it happens.
Well atleast these days alot of phone providers here in Aus include overseas call to select contries for free. It mighta been an expensive endevour making an overseas call for an hour or more:D

About to go and fire up the webber Q now beauty is both the lamb leg and rump fit in the Q together. Im alowing 4 hours slow cook in there.
Recon thats enough? Itll be good.

Ohh boy I love lamb. Don't get much of it though outside of a roast on Easter or an occasional rack when I'm out with my lover. Send us a picture!

Cheers

Ohh boy I love lamb. Don't get much of it though outside of a roast on Easter or an occasional rack when I'm out with my lover. Send us a picture!

Cheers
3 1/2 hours in roast is reading 80c inside so pretty much done me thinks:D.
Time to put the beer down and get some juicy gravy on and get them pan juices in there...
Oh rubbed it down with plenty rock salt olive oil tyme and fresh rosemary mmmm mmmm
20180811_113550.jpg

3 1/2 hours in roast is reading 80c inside so pretty much done me thinks:D.
Time to put the beer down and get some juicy gravy on and get them pan juices in there...
Oh rubbed it down with plenty rock salt olive oil tyme and fresh rosemary mmmm mmmm
View attachment 3691

Ohh yeah! That's amazing. I think I'll go to Costco and nab me a leg and roast it for Sunday dinner. That should lure the kids over. Webber rosemary asparagus and red taters is all I need after that. Kids bring the beer and they know how to pick it believe me. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't know about all the California craft breweries LOL.

Back