Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

25 lbs of Italian sausage today. It takes longer to clean the equipment than it takes to use it. Not sure what I’ll do after lunch. I probay should've made more!

Now you're making me feel like a wimp. I just boiled a couple pounds of corned beef I cured for one of my daughters and have a couple pounds of pastrami off of the same bottom round on the pellet grill for me.

54542136-8214-4BDF-ACD4-86EFF54C7F63.jpeg

I find myself doing this more than brewing. I marinaded the biggest chicken breasts I’ve ever seen, 36DD at least! I used a vacuum sealed ziplock bag, pineapple teriyaki sauce. The beer is my cheapest recipe, 10 lbs of 2 row, and an ounce of high alpha hops, split between boil and aroma. I like it!

Man you americans know how to BBQ! Them breasts look delish jeffpn its hard to cook a nice juicy chicken breast!

Thanks! They came out perfectly, tender and juicy! It’s all about the temperature. I bought that thermometer to monitor my mash temperature.

Well first time ive ever had roasted smoked pork knckle its supposedly a German thing? Directions said 240c 50min :rolleyes: so thata what i did was really porkey but mussus ate it and she dont usually like pork:).

View attachment 3183
You do that on that pig stove?
Looks good!

Well first time ive ever had roasted smoked pork knckle its supposedly a German thing? Directions said 240c 50min :rolleyes: so thata what i did was really porkey but mussus ate it and she dont usually like pork:).

View attachment 3183
It really is a German thing. And delicious.

Back