Show me your gardening Progress

I've had plants bud in one week here and bloom in two so 45 days means it's probably not going to happen

I've had broccoli plants do that, there were no bugs, activating I know

Eggplant (aubergine/brinjal) is starting to produce.
You may have to zoom in though to find it ;)
IMG_20210730_141309.jpg

And yellow pepper
IMG_20210730_141252.jpg

What's left of the garden. A wabbit seems to have eaten the green beans, and the peas and carrots and garlic are done. The peppers and swisschard are still good, the cukes are weakening as are the spaghetti squashes. The 'maters (not @Craigerrr 's type) are not reddening for some reason, had to cover them with mesh to keep the chipmunks from eating them.

Oh, and that's a meyers lemon tree on the chair.
C031D7F2-9EBB-42EC-9032-B9169F1A352E.jpeg

My grapes (Zinfandel, Pinot noir and Cabernet Sauvignon) are all ripening. The Pinot does not like the heat, so some of those grapes are beginning to “raisin” while the birds (hooded Orioles) are checking out the Zin. There is an aggressive tree squirrel that has been around, too.
Zinfandel (hard to photograph due to density of vine)
image.jpg
Pinot noir
image.jpg

Well it might be a hoptoad after all :) Fowler's toads don't have spots on the chest, apparently

I'm glad you didn't try that with your bare hand, toads are covered in toxins :D
We handled toads all the time as kids. You did have to be careful or they'd pee on you.

It gets weird when you lick them.

We handled toads all the time as kids. You did have to be careful or they'd pee on you.

It gets weird when you lick them.
It wasn't until I studied herpetology in college that I learned handling amphibians with your bare hands is dangerous for you, but also super dangerous to them. Their skin very permeable to both gases and liquids and you can accidentally poison them very easily. Best to not pick up any amphibians at all, but if you need to, use a tool like a net (or a stick :)) or gloves

Back