Show me your gardening Progress

Put up lactic pepper sauce, two jars of dill pickles and jalapeños in vinegar. Tomatoes coming in, too...
20210814_212650.jpg

My egg plants are starting to seriously produce!
Maybe I should try pickling some :rolleyes:
Chinese cabbage, rape, mange tous and green peas are also on the way....

Just 2 days ago I made eggplant lasagna. Sorry, no photos. I try to avoid pasta, so I use slices of peeled eggplant, cooked/de-watered on the grill, instead. Otherwise same as when using pasta. Store-bought eggplant though...

Making sauerkraut is on my some-day list. @Nosybear, I see you are not canning it. I assume the freezer is good enough? Or with Oktoberfest being close just the fridge?

Making sauerkraut is on my some-day list. @Nosybear, I see you are not canning it. I assume the freezer is good enough? Or with Oktoberfest being close just the fridge?
I'd have refrigerated the kraut for Oktoberfest but SWAMBO overruled.... Freezing may take some of the crispness but it's a lot easier than canning.

Mine were ready just a couple weeks ago :)

My chilis have finally started to ripen!! It has been a cold an wet summer, so the they are late and the scotch bonnets are not quite as spicy as they could be, but they have some warmth and I made a batch of relish last night. :)
When the next dozen scotch bonnets are ripe (bunch of the green one in the pic are turning yellow now), I am going to try a batch of apple / scotch bonnet chutney.
chilis_2021.jpeg
MicrosoftTeams-image (8).jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (9).jpg

Last edited:
I'll get my garden going again next year, I've been contemplating changing my leach field placement so the garden will have to wait

My chilis have finally started to ripen!! It has been a cold an wet summer, so the they are late and the scotch bonnets are not quite as spicy as they could be, but they have some
warmth and I made a batch of relish last night. :)
When the next dozen scotch bonnets are ripe (bunch of the green one in the pic are turning yellow now), I am going to try a batch of apple / scotch bonnet chutney.
View attachment 17668 View attachment 17669 View attachment 17670

I think I would like my chili's to be a bit milder ;)
Anyway:
First onions
IMG_20211015_101119.jpg

Back