Show me your gardening Progress

Looks like beautiful soil you've got too ward.
It's getting there...still too much clay..the original settlement in this area was called Rich Level" for the soil and fact that it's sorta a plateau...the tiller makes it look pretty.

If only they took care of themselves, but I wouldn't have proper time to care for them.
Hey they love love love spent grains:).
Mate Chooks are a Gardner's best friends when their out of your garden lol:p.

They eat your scraps and bugs in your lawn lay you eggs and poop out great fertilizer just gotta compost it first.
They are great for turning over the ground as well.
I'm crazy into composting worm farming ect anything that don't make it into them goes to the Chooks.
The soldier fly that sometimes get generated in the worm farm go back to the Chooks.
I'n theory it's a closed loop system;);).

Hey they love love love spent grains:).
Mate Chooks are a Gardner's best friends when their out of your garden lol:p.

They eat your scraps and bugs in your lawn lay you eggs and poop out great fertilizer just gotta compost it first.
They are great for turning over the ground as well.
I'm crazy into composting worm farming ect anything that don't make it into them goes to the Chooks.
The soldier fly that sometimes get generated in the worm farm go back to the Chooks.
I'n theory it's a closed loop system;);).
We had chickens and rabbits when I was a youngster. About 15 chicken and we'll over a hundred rabbits.
I understand their benefits, but I know it's additional work too and I can't give them the time they need to keep them healthy and safe.
I'll just have to stick with mulching and composting, at least for now.

Currently there's a foot of compost on top of the beds, so that won't work.
Between the raised beds I have some standing water as well.
I purposely put the garden in the lowest area so runoff water keeps it watered.
I like where you are going with that. More compost (including hops maybe??) and a good rototilling a few weeks before planting, it'll be great. Maybe sand if your soil is clay, not sure what Ohio is like (Except that it's hi in the middle and round at both ends).

Sunflowers not fully in bloom yet.
20211115_090553.jpg

Better photo after out walk
20211115_095006.jpg

Last edited:
I bought some BEET and chard seed yesterday.....jeez...wouldn't that be interesting.....beer seeds...thanks spell czech

Cabbage cauliflower and broccoli so far, I will be planting Lettice, Okra, green beans, squash, zucchini and tomatoes, the soil is not sandy is deceiving, I have high winds here and if wet it dries looking odd, it actually has a lot of cow manure in it from cattle over time

Back