I visited a brewery today!

Place looks beautiful! What’s with the significance of 1886 (seeing as they just opened)?
The building, just steps from the Orange Circle (featured in lots of movies), was built in 1886. The brewery is partnered with a smokehouse restaurant on the same block, which provides smoked meats and sausages for the brewery. Good stuff!

Back from vacation with my wife in Vermont. In addition to hiking and biking amidst peak foliage, we obviously had to try VT beers. After Alchemist and von Trapp, checked out Zero Gravity after a five mile hike around Shelburne Farms on lake Champlain, and their salty watermelon Gose hit the spot.
At Lawson’s the Fayston Maple Imperial Stout was tremendous with dessert. Not to be missed, but at 10% abv, sipping is the way to go.
057BA248-67DE-429D-A10B-87778379DA3E.jpeg
9DD04718-0D86-4683-A8B7-1589DCF4C89B.jpeg

Didn’t get to Frost or Foam, but bought a few cans and thought Frost’s Starchild NZ IPA was a bit watery. Preferred their Ponyboy, with Citra and Mosaic. Foam’s I think I’m in Love was a pretty good double IPA, but a bit dry. And then there was the stop for ice cream, and then cheese, … need to go hike some more.

I forgot to mention they grow their barley and hops used in the beer. Not all of the hops used, but it sounded like most of their base grain is grown on site. The brewmaster flies out from Colorado to brew. They seem open year round with at least 10 beers on tap, so I imagine he flies out quite often

I forgot to mention they grow their barley and hops used in the beer. Not all of the hops used, but it sounded like most of their base grain is grown on site. The brewmaster flies out from Colorado to brew. They seem open year round with at least 10 beers on tap, so I imagine he flies out quite often
Work a deal with them so you can be the "in between" brewer.;)

Good news: I found a brewery less than 1/2 a mile from my house

Bad news: the beers are bad and they don't have food lol. They definitely specialize in hazy IPAs, and their other beers reflect that. The 3rd beer in this line up is supposed to be a lager. It was the best tasting beer in the flight, but not crisp or lagery at all. They have a coffee brown coming out soon, maybe that will be better

20211120_122242.jpg

Good news: I found a brewery less than 1/2 a mile from my house

Bad news: the beers are bad and they don't have food lol. They definitely specialize in hazy IPAs, and their other beers reflect that. The 3rd beer in this line up is supposed to be a lager. It was the best tasting beer in the flight, but not crisp or lagery at all. They have a coffee brown coming out soon, maybe that will be better

View attachment 18281
Yeah, not a fan of fruited beers. Keep yer berries and melons outta my beer. :D

I think it is fine when those flavors of berries and melons are delivered by hops!
..or even yeasts. Yes, sure. But that pink berry beer didn't get its flavor from hops, I speculate...
(That being said, not that these beers are "bad", just not my preference is all).

Back