I visited a brewery today!

Not a brewery, but Ritter’s Winery and Cidery. Not far from home. I’m no judge of wines and ciders so I stuck to a beer, damned if I can remember what it was though. Solid, but unremarkable. My wife enjoyed her wine flight. No matter, it was a beautiful day, kicked back in some oversized Adirondack chairs and the dude playing the piano was pretty good. Life’s simple pleasures.

View attachment 17614
And that is beautiful!
I love autumn.

Launch Pad Brewing in Aurora, Colorado. We went looking for their African Honey Ale, one of the first beers in a long time that made me say "wow!" It's made with 40 African spices according to the brewer...
FB_IMG_1633482220032.jpg

Wound up with a Kottbusser and a Carrot Saison.

So not actually a brewery, but a lot of taps. Stout. bros is a place near home that only carries local brewery products. Nice tap list...View attachment 17672
Now honestly how LONG did it take for you to decide on the beer your having:D?

My three at home I always go one then go em all glad I dont have that many I'd me a wreck everyday:p

So not actually a brewery, but a lot of taps. Stout. bros is a place near home that only carries local brewery products. Nice tap list...View attachment 17672
The wonder of 10-13 times more population (or is it the amount of tax on booze). My wife shows me pictures of places like that from her trips to the US and they do seem unreal. Even the bigger pubs in Europe are more in line with what we have here than yours.

Edit: Melbourne has a population around 5 million, so I'm guessing it's partly population, but probably more to do with taxes.

@Megary thank goodness we had a designated driver!
@Trialben just a minute for the first one, but 4 or 5 for my second
@Mark Farrall huh, never thought of that. I know a pub up in Manchester (New Hampshire) with something over 100 taps (been there) and know of at least 2 others with at least 100. But 4 to 8 is FAR more typical... Come visit, I'm buying!

Last edited:
@Megary thank goodness we gad a designated driver!
@Trialben just a minute for the first one, but 4 or 5 for my second
@Mark Farrall huh, never thought of that. I know a pub up in Manchester (New Hampshire) with something over 100 taps (been there) and know of at least 2 others with at least 100. But 4 to 8 is FAR more typical... Come visit, I'm buying!
Yeah right Mark cant even leave his State let alone the Country right @Mark Farrall :)

Ehh, I figured in a couple years. Unless, of course, I get meself down under by then.
I should rephrase that Vic cant even leave their own House poor buggers are in another Lockdown.
No Offense ment to you @Mark Farrall
Right I apologize for thread derailment back to the bar...

How did the last Covid derail you started go Ben? ;) Moving right along...

Next time the wife heads over for work and I don't have a project on I'm stowing away. Her work has an office in one of those outer suburban office parks of Philly. So I'm sure I can persuade her to stay in town and get an Uber/Taxi into the office, leaving me free to play in town.

How did the last Covid derail you started go Ben? ;) Moving right along...

Next time the wife heads over for work and I don't have a project on I'm stowing away. Her work has an office in one of those outer suburban office parks of Philly. So I'm sure I can persuade her to stay in town and get an Uber/Taxi into the office, leaving me free to play in town.
:oops:.

I should rephrase that Vic cant even leave their own House poor buggers are in another Lockdown.
Oh, I understood that quite clearly Ben. My hope was that "in a couple years" the lockdown would be ended. But maybe not...

After a Focal Banger at the Alchemist beer garden last night, had a flight sampler at the von Trapp brewery. Family famous for the Sound of Music saga. Liked the Dunkel best, and the Pilsner was preferred over the Helles. Out of the Oktoberfest naturally!
C66C0699-4175-4534-9347-F04A40783F2D.jpeg
E9C2F15C-9BC3-428C-8057-C6144F0FDC6C.jpeg
7C2A74B8-C0A1-4D76-83E7-3D3F25AB1FA6.jpeg
7C2A74B8-C0A1-4D76-83E7-3D3F25AB1FA6.jpeg
started this Inn, and now brewery.

We visited Inver Hills Brewery today. I tried an "altbier".
It was called Alt-ernative Medicine.
I did not know what altbier was but it was named properly. tasted kinda medicinie like a dentist office mouthwash kind of taste.

Hanging out at Curran Brewing, a fun and friendly micro-micro brewery in NE PA. Unseasonably warm (upper 60’sF) and probably the last warm evening we will see until next May. Making hay.

0DA9A5F1-8EC2-4AA9-BB45-F3837082A2AD.jpeg

Place looks beautiful! What’s with the significance of 1886 (seeing as they just opened)?

Back