I visited a brewery today!

20210831_082658.jpg
20210831_082345.jpg
Yesterday, I helped can 150 cases of Octoberfest at a local brewery.

Went to New Ontario Brewing in North Bay with my Future Son in Law. I ordered a flight of everything that I would like, but they were all very disappointing. The bitter IPA had no malt backbone, the Hazy IPA was sickeningly sweet, the 4.5% Stout had way too much roast bitterness. The English Pale Ale was good, but didn't quite hit the mark...
20210901_141313.jpg

Went to New Ontario Brewing in North Bay with my Future Son in Law. I ordered a flight of everything that I would like, but they were all very disappointing. The bitter IPA had no malt backbone, the Hazy IPA was sickeningly sweet, the 4.5% Stout had way too much roast bitterness. The English Pale Ale was good, but didn't quite hit the mark...
View attachment 17254
That sucks. They *look* nice though.

Oddly the one beer that was pretty good was a German Pilsner, to be polite I bount a couple cans of that, and a glass... oh, and I paid for Austin's flight

Oddly the one beer that was pretty good was a German Pilsner, to be polite I bount a couple cans of that, and a glass... oh, and I paid for Austin's flight
More importantly, how's the future son in law? :D

Culyivation brewery in Norcross. Not big, but all their beets are solid. I keep telling them to get into canning for better distribution. They really are not yet ready for that yet.

1034D807-C22A-4DDB-A543-97765054EFEA.jpeg

image.jpg
At Chapman Crafted in Old Towne Orange - a Dopplebock for her, an Opt Outside IPA for me. They will do Oktoberfest in October, when they will debut their Festbier. I look forward to that occasion.

Last edited:
Touring breweries in Scott's Addition, an up and coming neighborhood in RVA. So far we've been to Three Notch'd and Bingo brewing. There's about a dozen breweries in a 6x8 block section of the city. Also 2 cideries, one meadery, and at least one distillery. The current one we're at has a huge arcade inside. Imma do my best to join the zoom call at 5 but I may miss this one lol
20210925_130902.jpg
20210925_142100.jpg
20210925_142131.jpg

Touring breweries in Scott's Addition, an up and coming neighborhood in RVA...<snip>
I was trying to work out where RVA was, so I clicked on the link in your profile to the left of the post and it tells me you're about 2 km away at Rachcoff Vella Architecture. That's obviously wrong, so google the acronym. The Retirement Villages Association of New Zealand? Probably not. Ah, Richmond Virgnia!

Not a brewery, but Ritter’s Winery and Cidery. Not far from home. I’m no judge of wines and ciders so I stuck to a beer, damned if I can remember what it was though. Solid, but unremarkable. My wife enjoyed her wine flight. No matter, it was a beautiful day, kicked back in some oversized Adirondack chairs and the dude playing the piano was pretty good. Life’s simple pleasures.

3AC2C348-C4F8-4641-9B59-0F4AF43751D7.jpeg

Back