I brewed today!

You've been pumping out some beer there Craig! Guess your all stocked up ready to sit this covid bug out ;)
I have enough ingredients for at least my next three 10 gallon batches.
Actually picked up 3 lbs of hops earlier this week.
Yeast is my only shortage, all I have on hand is about 6 packages of S04.

Brewed JA's stout today as a request from Wifey! Nice attempt at gaining some normalcy...... have to post a steaming boil pic for Craigerrr.....I got close enough on the numbers to be happy and I tried mixing yeasts of Nottingham and Windsor after reading these 2 work very well together specifically to make you get full attenuation.

Last edited:
Technically yesterday.... Toasted Lager (2lbs of hometoasted to roughly 50 L Golden Promise and 9 lbs of Golden Promise malt) - Going nuts in the fermenter now!

20200325_192158.jpg

I just finished brewing another version of Herm’s Pale Ale (which I should call IPA), this one using ~96% US Pale Ale malt (balance acid malt), magnum for bittering, and a trio of c-hops (chinook, centennial and cascade) in the boil. My pre-boil gravity was 7 points low, but original gravity came in just 3 points below target. At 76%, my brew house efficiency was lower than my past several brews, it is still quite acceptable. If I can stay focused on this project, there will be some dry hopping in a few weeks.

I just finished brewing another version of Herm’s Pale Ale (which I should call IPA), this one using ~96% US Pale Ale malt (balance acid malt), magnum for bittering, and a trio of c-hops (chinook, centennial and cascade) in the boil. My pre-boil gravity was 7 points low, but original gravity came in just 3 points below target. At 76%, my brew house efficiency was lower than my past several brews, it is still quite acceptable. If I can stay focused on this project, there will be some dry hopping in a few weeks.
That sounds tasty! Pale Ale with the C's.

Just doughed in a Racer 5 IPA clone. All set up to recirculate, but it isn't going to work for the mash. I normally use a piece of an old brew bag on the bottom of the malt pipe so I can get away with a finer grind. It just restricts the flow too much to recirculate, so will leave it out and mill a bit coarser next brew. This beer does have a 30 minute whirlpool, so will be recirculating for that.

Recirculation1.jpg

Recirculation2.jpg

Vanilla Porter
Nice relaxing brew day. Ended up with a tick more volume and .002 less gravity. Essentially a wash when it comes to efficiency. My guess is that my boil was not quite as strong as normal because volumes were good until just after the boil. I could have boiled longer but the ice bath was ready to go. I’ll take an extra pint in exchange for a couple of gravity points any day.

There’s a Porter in there, I swear.

867A14BF-72AD-4569-9C2D-DFA2DF0045E5.jpeg

Brewed a new one, variation of one of Oz’s pales, I had no Cara-Pils so sub’ed cara red and C-10.
Shelter in Place PA
View attachment 9261 View attachment 9262
The NEIPA SH#T itself it looks:eek: maybe its got Covid (joking)! The name LOL all by myself Neipa oh dear dear are you an extrovert there Valka:D.

Im looking forward to all the isolation/covid related beer names :)

The NEIPA SH#T itself it looks:eek: maybe its got Covid (joking)! The name LOL all by myself Neipa oh dear dear are you an extrovert there Valka:D.

Im looking forward to all the isolation/covid related beer names :)
Ya this yeast, London III is crazy! My mango NEIPA was supposed to finish at 1.020 it went to 1.010! 87% attenuation. It ended up at over 7%......was aiming for high 5 low 6%. But damm it taste good.

Damn I should try it sometime.

Head First is that your OG sample? Looks to be about 1.045, light drinking.
Yes screwed up sparge water. Was suppose to be a 1.051 and was still long on water even after a longer boil. Will be a little light but not that far off. A gallon oops!

Back