I brewed today!

Those East Kent Goldings look kind of lost in that hop bill.:p
Totally lost in there, recipe called for Horizon, I swapped it out for EKG because I had some, and the AA's were similar...

Brew day just finished for me 21.5 lt into kettle 5 points high on gravity ended up 1.058 guess ive gotta adjust that brew house back up. but I sure can taste the lime in there so a happy brewer this arvo!

Started at 5 AM this morning and finished about 1PM with clean up on a 20 gallon batch of 20 Cent IPA/PA. I R tired.
36# of 2 row
4# of Victory
1# of Carapils
2# of sugar
1/2# of homegrown centennial
1/4# of warrior.
Held heavy with hops in 10 gal for IPA with sugar.
Should keep the taps flowing for spring yard work.

Whoa!
Twenty gallons!
I brewed yesterday, 5 gallon batch of a murky NEIPA.

Brewing up a basic pale ale today to try out the Kveik yeast in. I've decided to wizz the bejesus out of my hops so no Coolidge of the pump maybe a good tip for those brewers here that use whole cones and recirculate:rolleyes:. Well I'll let you know if it's an epic failure but gee that mixing bowl smell good. I'll throw some water in there and wizz it so I get all the lupulin I recon.
70g in there.
20190411_155309.jpg

Oh and one more brew change this brew is clothes pegs to keep the grain bag off the element I find if I'm using 55% power it didn't burn it but a bit of insurance. Also I can cap my mash this way.
20190411_154350.jpg

Last edited:
The wife and I brewed a Cream Ale (2-Row, Honey and Buscuit Malts) came in at 1.044. Nice change of pace from the “exotics” and ready for a nice simple and clean ale.

Had to ratchet up the boil as I ended up with almost an extra quart that I figured we’d toss in rather than discard from the remains of the mash tun. Ended up at our target of 5.5 at flameout.

F17BCD61-C5B9-4D2B-950E-66DA17D17F19.jpeg

Last edited:
It's about time to start keeping a lawnmower beer on tap. Nice to have a couple while doing yard work without becoming incapacitated.

I think you are intentionally dodging “poolside” beer photos since I pointed it out.:p

Disappointed Trialben.... very disappointed. :cool:

Last edited:
Brewing this today https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/815020/two-fro
Should be a quick straight forward brew (fingers crossed touch wood) gunna ferment to kviek a bit cooler this time and see if it will give me a lager style beer:rolleyes:.
Mash is recirclating and keeping temp around 63c should be a lovely Good Friday brew I recon;)!
20190419_072607.jpg

Second iteration of my Black Currant/Jalapeño cider. 5.5 gallons in the fermenter at 70F.
Cider.jpg

Put up some fresh Jalapeño tincture too. Should be ready to flavor and keg when we get back from vacation June 8th. Also kegged my Baseline IPA. First in a series to dial in my house IPA. If the hydrometer sample was any indication, it won't last long.

Last edited:
Trying a new recipe for a clone of an amber ale that I had in LA about a year ago. Red Trolley. I pitched last night at around 6 pm and we are looking good with a decent krausen and a blow off expecting a little more building. The Tettnager hops were a little low in the Alpha Acids so I tossed in some extra to make up the difference, ( thanks J A)

20190519_124609.jpeg

Back