I brewed today!

Maybe- how do you feel about it hanging out screwed directly into your kettle outlet doesn't feel like it will break under it's own weight ?

Wouldn't do that unless you use the SS head. Wouldn't trust he plastic one to support it.
Kettle.jpg

Wouldn't do that unless you use the SS head. Wouldn't trust he plastic one to support it.
View attachment 4585
Just would like to add I have had 1 of these running side by side to a march pump for quite a while and with the ss head this pump is quieter, more powerful, easier to wipe clean, primes easier, and is tougher (with ss head).

yes I hate the noise of my chuggers and they are a trick to prime some times, I get a vapor lock in one 3 way valve all the time

Just would like to add I have had 1 of these running side by side to a march pump for quite a while and with the ss head this pump is quieter, more powerful, easier to wipe clean, primes easier, and is tougher (with ss head).
What's the weight on these pumps would be atleast 500grams or more. Best to mount it onto the frame. I like the quick disconnect idea too. I'll try and get one next pay I'm sure I've not used up all my Chrissy cudos yet...

Not sure of the exact weight, but mine is solid as a rock on the port. As I said before, I wouldn't do that without the SS head. The standard polysulphone head would likely fail quickly.

Had a great day today, cleaned up from last nights brewing, rearranged the freezers(room for more hops) and brewed an ESB. Just putting it in the fermenters now. That makes over 40 gal in various stages. Great way to end the year!

Brewed this https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/750928/christmas-lager couldn't come up with a name . Recon my crystal is more like a 40-50 lovinond deffinetly not orange coloured more pale. No scorching on the element yay! Ended up 4 points under but 1lt more volume so going to have to do some adjusting on profile. But I'm a very happy brewer today things are looking up!

Trailed a pre chiller idea today ground water = 30c wort chilled to 26c so 4c under ground water temp so worth it I recon usually im a couple c above ambient so that would be around 8 centrigrade cooler.

Brewed a NEIPA today, a recipe I poached from Beer N BBQ by Larry.

Anyone watched any of his videos?

Brewed a NEIPA today, a recipe I poached from Beer N BBQ by Larry.

Anyone watched any of his videos?

I used to watch Beer and BBQ Larry, but started losing interest several months ago.

Just brewed a 15 minute boil extract, darn thing cost twice as much but it only took an hour, trade off I guess

BIPA Saturday and NEIPA today. You got the bug bad. Nice beers!
Thanks, figured I would take advantage of some time off and get a couple of batches in the pipeline.

I used to watch Beer and BBQ Larry, but started losing interest several months ago.

A little Larry goes a long way!

Got a 1.053 OG Pale Ale mashing right now. Had 1/4 lb. each of British Amber and Victory that'd been around for awhile so threw them in with 10 lbs. of American 2-row with Chinook for bittering and 2 oz. Willamette at both 10 and 1. Will ferment at 65F with a nearly dated pack of Notty that I made a starter with.
Heated strike water and will boil in Digiboil.

That recipe looks tasty Ben.

The Digiboil did its job, but the brewer miscalculated a couple of things. Over shot strike temperature by about 5 degrees and came out of the MLT with about 1/2 gallon extra wort, so boiled it off before starting the timer. Guess I underestimated boiler loss too and came up almost 1/2 gallon short into the fermenter. If I had just rolled with the original volumes it would have been almost spot on :)
Couldn't find the faucet adapter for my chiller, so wasted 40 minutes looking for it. Got a late start, so still doing some cleanup.

It was nice to brew inside though.

That recipe looks tasty Ben.

The Digiboil did its job, but the brewer miscalculated a couple of things. Over shot strike temperature by about 5 degrees and came out of the MLT with about 1/2 gallon extra wort, so boiled it off before starting the timer. Guess I underestimated boiler loss too and came up almost 1/2 gallon short into the fermenter. If I had just rolled with the original volumes it would have been almost spot on :)
Couldn't find the faucet adapter for my chiller, so wasted 40 minutes looking for it. Got a late start, so still doing some cleanup.

It was nice to brew inside though.
Bound to be some kinks to even out first run. This is my third brew on my Electric converted system and it is mashing consistently within .5C just nicely I have the pump plugged into the Power whatt meter and element set at 50% power to help save overshooting too much. Temp is set at 65c it over shoots by .2c good enough for me.
20190119_131825.jpg
this is mash in doe balls central. I've ditched the mash cylinder and justntie the bag to side of kettle up off element and recirculate outside of bag. This way it keeps temperature regulated and i can still mill fine without worrying about flow rate. Yes not propped recirculation but extraction is spot one so Meh.
20190119_133136.jpg

For now I'm just hanging the prob in wort.
Still gotta get some insulation for kettle thinking thick yoga mat now..
20190119_131716.jpg

There's me pump mounted on frame and my ghetto power control yeah I gotta get it all housed in one box.... :rolleyes:
Wort smells yum
I'm trying some pearled barley from the store it's for making soups I did a bit of research on it I'm hoping for some head retention out of it sorta like unmalted barley or flaked barley. Anyone used it?

I'll be playing around with my BIAB recirculation in both my kettle and the Digiboil when it warms up this Summer.

looks good @Trialben! I found an old canvas sleeping bag in our basement that held kettle temps spot on when I did biab. Second best I found around the house was a mattress cover pad. I could wrap the kettle tight with the elastic corner straps. Not pretty, but worked great!

Back