I brewed today!

oh and if you recirculate you cant grind your gains fine, you need a bigger crush to keep from sticking so much, very little flour which basically makes wort gravy and as anyone knows gravy thickens as it gets hotter which creates a glue binding with the grain creating the stuck mash syndrome

Look for a MK II pump Ben. I use their 25 watt and it doesn't mind boiling wort. At about $70 US it's a lot cheaper than the Chuggers and March pumps. I've used mine for over a year recirculating both BIAB mashes and boiling wort too without a problem.
Kettle.jpg

Bummer @Trialben. Burned and scorched one myself on a rye heavy brew. My element actually burned up. Mine wasn't worth trying to salvage. I guess on the bright side...you need to brew again:D

Look for a MK II pump Ben. I use their 25 watt and it doesn't mind boiling wort. At about $70 US it's a lot cheaper than the Chuggers and March pumps. I've used mine for over a year recirculating both BIAB mashes and boiling wort too without a problem. View attachment 4578
Cheers bob yep I'll get something a bit more heavy duty to get the job done and not have to worry about it packing it in.

Bummer @Trialben. Burned and scorched one myself on a rye heavy brew. My element actually burned up. Mine wasn't worth trying to salvage. I guess on the bright side...you need to brew again:D
Yeah I smelt the wort this morning and I'm not sure this one's salvageable a had a wiff of malt then acrid burnt smell.... I don't know boys and girls I'm thinking this one may be a dumped before then show even begins!

oh and if you recirculate you cant grind your gains fine, you need a bigger crush to keep from sticking so much, very little flour which basically makes wort gravy and as anyone knows gravy thickens as it gets hotter which creates a glue binding with the grain creating the stuck mash syndrome
Yeah I thought about this when whizzing the grains in the thermomix I thought I'd just do as per usual and work from there. Yep recon will need to get a mill if I want to recirculate through the malt pipe.

Hang in there TB. I just added a couple pumps and it’s quite a learning curve. Switching to electric, you got way more going on.

Hang in there TB. I just added a couple pumps and it’s quite a learning curve. Switching to electric, you got way more going on.
Hey are you running them little brown pumps? Maybe their good at mash temp but burn out a boiling. Their solar hot water circulation pumps so probably arnt made for boiling temps...

Saw on Homebrew Finds where beveragelements.com has them for $39.90. Now, that's a deal!

Get the stainless head. Keep it in reserve for the first time you drop it and one of the nipples breaks off.

I thought they came from down under. Must if you get them for that price.
Maybe- how do you feel about it hanging out screwed directly into your kettle outlet doesn't feel like it will break under it's own weight ?

Hey just took that LBP (Little brown pump) Apart plugged it in and it's working again!:eek: what the?

Back