I brewed today!

Has no one brewed in the last two weeks?
Brewed a west coast IPA tonight, I call it Cit Ruby Cit, double dry hopped with Citra, OG a little low, ABV will be 5.5 instead of 6.1, but should be a good brew in the end!

Brewed a Pale Ale on the 18th, an IPA on the 30th and put together a Cider today.

I brewed a Pilsner on Dec 30th, a Yuengling clone on Jan 13th, and a Club recipe brown ale on Jan 20th. At this point, I have three beers lagering and one ale sitting in the nice, 65 degree basement.

Brewed a Coffee Stout today.
10% roast malts
Some C 120 for depth
6 cups of strong brewed coffee at flame out
Touch of honey malt took the edge off
Should wash down a steak or 2;).
Wanted to do the Narwhal clone but need the hops and Carafa malt
This was fun and productive:)

Yeast is pitched got good efficiency today up over 80% back where I was before I made the change to electric and looks like we're dialed in fermentor Volume a tad under 21lt target minus the 2lt starter wort I nicked 10mins in. Gravity settled at 1.050 five points above recipie. I ended up bagging the hops. A bloody good brew day!

Yeast is pitched got good efficiency today up over 80% back where I was before I made the change to electric and looks like we're dialed in fermentor Volume a tad under 21lt target minus the 2lt starter wort I nicked 10mins in. Gravity settled at 1.050 five points above recipie. I ended up bagging the hops. A bloody good brew day!
Any stand out grapefruit aroma?

Any stand out grapefruit aroma?
Actually I didn't notice all that much aroma there headfirst. I wish I'd let em loose and did as you recommended jam a stainless scrubber under the pick up in the kettle. I'm not a fan of bagging hops but couldn't think of an alternative with these whole cones. I'll be dry hopping lose though.
I guess also in hind sight I could of forgone use of pump (which is reason I bagged) and just did a hop stand instead of whirlpool....
My only other thought would be to just wizz the whole cones up in the thermomix that way reducing particle size then will resemble palletized hops more. But then I'm guessing may extract more grassy flavours what say you?

Actually I didn't notice all that much aroma there headfirst. I wish I'd let em loose and did as you recommended jam a stainless scrubber under the pick up in the kettle. I'm not a fan of bagging hops but couldn't think of an alternative with these whole cones. I'll be dry hopping lose though.
I guess also in hind sight I could of forgone use of pump (which is reason I bagged) and just did a hop stand instead of whirlpool....
My only other thought would be to just wizz the whole cones up in the thermomix that way reducing particle size then will resemble palletized hops more. But then I'm guessing may extract more grassy flavours what say you?
Whiz em up could work. I don't se how it would be any dif than pelletizing. To whirlpool would plug the pump pick up for sure even with scrunchie. If I do a whirlpool with whole hops it's with a big spoon. How much did you get out of this harvest I don't remember seeing ya post it?

Whiz em up could work. I don't se how it would be any dif than pelletizing. To whirlpool would plug the pump pick up for sure even with scrunchie. If I do a whirlpool with whole hops it's with a big spoon. How much did you get out of this harvest I don't remember seeing ya post it?
100g enough for this batch but looks as though me hops arnt done yet for this season I see some new buds growing on the new growth check it. Is this normal?
20190224_152838.jpg

Brewed a batch of Resilience Ipa with my new sweetheart. She's 12 weeks today. I lost my almost 9yr old boxer on November 10th. She was my greatest friend ever and I miss her dearly, but this little furry land shark is pretty hard to resist!
20190224_091436-1024x1365.jpg
20190224_091516-1024x1365.jpg
20190224_100834-1024x1365.jpg
20190224_100856-1024x1365.jpg

Brewing this light lager today https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/787217/beenangone
I just feel like a lager on tap and haven't brewed one with this new rig. Really enjoying the stable mash temps I'm about to step to Alpha now 71c and I can adjust the power right down to element so the rise will take like 10 to 15 minutes bloody beauty mate!

That there beer on the table is a burst carbed 1st pour of my homegrown cascade as for aroma it's really tame I can smell pear and some berry type fruit aroma which I get in alot of my beers but not overly hoppy but clean very dry and crisp which I'm supprised at from my higher than normal mash temp and wheat addition... Any happy Friday arvo all I've got some brewing to get done:)!
20190308_172201.jpg

Back