I brewed today!

Brewing "Mr. Freeze" pale ale right now!!
This has Chinook and Comet hops......had to change the yeast type last minute, thought I had some 1056 but didn't so started up some London 1318, should be good.

Dopplebock from yesterday's Brew. After adjusting for temp on my hydrometer reading, came out to 1.082

Was going for 1.091, but unfortunately ran short of time on my boil. Regardless, I'm excited for this brew. Built the water from scratch to the Munich water profile, and had a ton of Munich in her.
IMG_20190601_120846443_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190601_121332156_HDR.jpg

Dopplebock from yesterday's Brew. After adjusting for temp on my hydrometer reading, came out to 1.082

Was going for 1.091, but unfortunately ran short of time on my boil. Regardless, I'm excited for this brew. Built the water from scratch to the Munich water profile, and had a ton of Munich in her. View attachment 6288 View attachment 6289
Oh beautiful color well its uptown the yeasties now!

Was going for 1.091, but unfortunately ran short of time on my boil. Regardless, I'm excited for this brew. Built the water from scratch to the Munich water profile, and had a ton of Munich in her. View attachment 6288 View attachment 6289
I see pics of beer on the Deere in your future... :)

Oh beautiful color well its uptown the yeasties now!
I have done a few ambers recently, and was trying to get a red. This wasn't intended, but turned out fiery in comparison lol. Munich has a very distinctive color.

I see pics of beer on the Deere in your future... :)
Haha! I looked at the picture and thought... what deere? But, that sprayer in the background is a hagie, and they got bought by deere a few years ago. Well spoted!

Bring her up to your desired OG as follows: Calculate out how much sugar you need, including the volume of water you're dissolving it in. Use DME of your choice to add the sugar. Works like a champ! Make a syrup, boil and cool it, then add it at just about any point as long as you still have active yeast.

Bring her up to your desired OG as follows: Calculate out how much sugar you need, including the volume of water you're dissolving it in. Use DME of your choice to add the sugar. Works like a champ! Make a syrup, boil and cool it, then add it at just about any point as long as you still have active yeast.
I thought about it, but 1.082 is just fine, so i just pitched and will see what we get.

I love it! At 1.082 I think you've got something there! I'm a huge fan of dopplebock but don't always like them too strong.

Gorgeous color! If you start with clear beer you'll end with clear beer! Be sure to send me a pic of the finished product! :)

Back