I brewed today!

Bought it from Monoprice, some off-brand but works great and cost a third as much. Mark, you CAN overpitch, you know.... Result can be off flavors as well.

Yes nosy , i ended up pitching at 0.82M cells / mL / °P so about spot on in reality for a nice clean ferment
Loving these reagent bottles for storage and transport of yeast

Attachments

• 23456336_145420122853964_4005881502871716597_o.jpg
    23456336_145420122853964_4005881502871716597_o.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 126
Yes nosy , i ended up pitching at 0.82M cells / mL / °P so about spot on in reality for a nice clean ferment
Loving these reagent bottles for storage and transport of yeast
Yep their great i use 500ml ones. Unfortunately my brewery is down to one after opening my keggerator and one toppled onto the floor. Note dont wedge them between kegs!

Straight mason jars work just as well. While those are some very nice containers, glass is glass. I use the cheapies.

Straight mason jars work just as well. While those are some very nice containers, glass is glass. I use the cheapies.
@$4.50 a glass it's worth it me thinks I like the segmented measurements up the side useful when determining how many mls of compacted yeast You have. Also them lids let the pressure build up out.

@$4.50 a glass it's worth it me thinks I like the segmented measurements up the side useful when determining how many mls of compacted yeast You have. Also them lids let the pressure build up out.
There's that.... I just leave the lids on a little loose.

Brewed a nice Pale Ale (with a few extra hops). Hit and exceeded all the number targets. Recipe was designed for 70% efficiency. Hit 77%.

Brewed my bunyip 2.0 expected FG was supposed to be 1.044 i hit 1.050! Best efficiency yet @85% sweet .

Nice! what did you do different?

There's that.... I just leave the lids on a little loose.
Some canning jars have measurements built on in US and Squirrel. We have a large selection of jars so just use the ones from the pantry that have them.

Brewed my bunyip 2.0 expected FG was supposed to be 1.044 i hit 1.050! Best efficiency yet @85% sweet .

Nice! what did you do different?
Well I was up around 300g on base grain :p I was expecting a point or two from this. When weighing my grain for recipie there was only a little bit left in the bag Hence the 300g extra grain:). So I worked out my grain as 4kg total total volume of brew liquor as 30lt FG was 1.050 the efficiency calculator put that at 85%.

I usually hit around 80.

So you fudged the numbers lol! Only kidding, 80% is still better than I have ever got :)

Had the skinflint brewery fired up today as well, got 75%, a normal run for my setup.

Brewday1.jpg

So you fudged the numbers lol! Only kidding, 80% is still better than I have ever got :)

Had the skinflint brewery fired up today as well, got 75%, a normal run for my setup.

View attachment 2189
Oh i forgot to add one vital thing the malt;) the best i the world! Well maybe not (the best) but of course not all malts are.mafe equal of.course but i used exclusivey Gladfield Malt except for the special W thats European. But you get excelent extraction from their nice plump barley grown in the gentley sunkissed fertile sea blown lands of New Zealand.

http://www.gladfieldmalt.co.nz

Oh and jeff i aint spammin:p.

I agree Trialben I just bought three bags of Gladfield through the AHb Brisbane bulk buy.. I just tapped a Fat Yak I brewed with Gladfield and like it the best of those I have brewed.

Got a thing for Maris Otter, grown on the rain drenched, mad little Island I call home lol. Look's like I will be back in Oz in 2019, got offered a job there and hopefully can do 6 months here, six months there. If that happens I will need two setups and would love to try the NZ malts and hops. You sell it well though :) , might be able to find it here in the meantime.

Finally got to brew those small test batches to try out some new hops. Eureka yesterday and Experimental No. 07270 today

Finally got to brew those small test batches to try out some new hops. Eureka yesterday and Experimental No. 07270 today
Its a different flavour and aroma the Eureka will be interesting to get your take on it.

Brewing a wintery ipa today, lots of pine and lemon hops.

Brewing a wintery ipa today, lots of pine and lemon hops.
update! hit 16 plato today on this IPA. Smelled really good. Need to give it a healthy dry hop. and my house strain typically gets me around 73-75% attenuation, which should bring this beer to almost 6.5% ABV

Brewed a Sierra Nevada clone today, changed the first two hops but kept the 4oz of cascade, smelled and tasted great, all numbers were high, hit 89%Brew House so was pretty happy whit this one.
Also bottled a Mango Milkshake NEIPA during the mash....cant wait to drink this one, taste great already!

Back