I brewed today!

Like the temp controller. That's my next step. Want a controller to run my propane burner via temp controller

kind of rough its been through a lot but I built it from scratch, its all din rail inside

WP_20171030_09_33_11_Pro.jpg

Like the temp controller. That's my next step. Want a controller to run my propane burner via temp controller
it can be done, I have a few friends that use controllers with gas, Ill ask about the details

it can be done, I have a few friends that use controllers with gas, Ill ask about the details

The Blichmann controller does, but I don't want to shell out 500 bucks, plus more parts. Thanks OMB!

Crunk has that bilchmann tower of power I'm sure. I was looking to go down the PID temp control route but I'm happy with me inconsistent mash temps for now heck what's a degree or two:rolleyes:.

Brewed That Eureka Pale yesterday evening got all me wort into fermentor this time (no taps left open) laid off the homebrew . Ended up at 83% efficiency 3 points above expected OG which is a bonus. And I found my stir bar its been hiding for awhile I dug it out the slurry at the bottom of fermentation a brew or two back stuck it in that natorious for loosing things pocket and it went walkabout. I turned everything upside down looking for it. Then I found it on the ground yesterday under the patio table it's back secure on the magnet now.

get some strong magnets pull the bar up the side and out
Yeah i tried the magnets i use to store the stirbar on when not in use but i gave up after awhile. I just went fishing in the trub once i racked the beer off.

No lacal HBS stock stir bars for of and when you acidentilly toss it into the garden with the trubo_O.

Yeah i tried the magnets i use to store the stirbar on when not in use but i gave up after awhile. I just went fishing in the trub once i racked the beer off.

No lacal HBS stock stir bars for of and when you acidentilly toss it into the garden with the trubo_O.
Here I use Amazon. Some online science supply store should have them.

Here I use Amazon. Some online science supply store should have them.
Cheers Nosey yeah i found it. Ive been thinking lately how slack the local homebrew stores are around me. I went.to one the other day to buy some sodium percarbonate nope none. Same one i went to buy new Flask nope none. Stir bar sorry none. And he charges $6/kg on grain no matter what maltster!:eek:

I should open an all grain brew store here only problem would be the distilling side of it ive got no clue...

Brewed today, a all home made grain batch, malted by hand by us , 2 weeks, labeled as experiment 2, step mashed 4 different temps, each 30 minutes, its a mild apa, should be something similar to third shift beer

I just started brewing about a year ago, I have been using Spring and Winter 6 row barley for my base malts, I get them locally at the seed and feed store, I also malt my own Rye and wheat for different recipes... I've been trying my hand at making crystal malts at different Lovibond as well...I'm curious to know what grains you malt and some of your successes and if you care to admit any failures I could learn from?

I have a portable turkey oven, instead of using the conventional oven I added the moist grain then blocked up the lid with dowels to create airflow and not roast the grain, you have to keep it moist for a better crystal while heating so I used a spray bottle

this might help,
sorry wrong link

Last edited:
I just started brewing about a year ago, I have been using Spring and Winter 6 row barley for my base malts, I get them locally at the seed and feed store, I also malt my own Rye and wheat for different recipes... I've been trying my hand at making crystal malts at different Lovibond as well...I'm curious to know what grains you malt and some of your successes and if you care to admit any failures I could learn from?
I posted a thread on here late last year on trying my hand at roasting my own barley (not malting). There was a website I used something like roastyourown.com or something he had worked out a method to follow eg oven set at 200c roast for half hour will give you a roast lovibond of roughly 20l or biscuit malt an hour you get 60l.

I made some crystal by soaking the grains for a couple hours 4 I think:rolleyes:? I bagging up drained grain into ziplock baggies and mashing them in my kettle for an hour @65 to convert then going through the roasting process turning every 15minutes to 60l it takes a bit longer if grains are wet. you will love the SMELL it gives off a nice warm caramel smell mmmm mmmm. I made one delicious larger using some base and just home made crystal malt. Good luck

got to work at 9AM on my Quad, going to be the 2nd in a 5 year vertical. I foresee some issues on that though considering I only put my beer in liter bottles... In 5 years I'll have 5 liters of 12% beer, gotta throw a big ass party to get it drunk up.

WIN_20171112_13_22_26_Pro.jpg
Did 2.5 gallon test brew of an altbier, got the grist from Kunze's Technology Brewing and Malting. And tested this nice little bit of technology. It provides heat, circulates and is accurate to +/- 1 degree F. I was able to step up from 144 to 156 using the sous vide cooker, nice! Next, to try it on a full batch.

Aveno ? Something similar cooked our lunch yesterday ...delicious it was too !
Currently copping flak from other local brewers for my yeast pitching rates from yesterdays brew ( pic attached soon )
Just maybe my pitching rates are as absurd as my hopping rates

Back