I brewed today!

Its about time for some Vienna lager. In the BK awaiting the last hop addition. Hallertau for bittering and flavor, and tettinang for slight aroma.

Silver Streak is in bottles.. now the wait.

GernBlanston said:
Its about time for some Vienna lager. In the BK awaiting the last hop addition. Hallertau for bittering and flavor, and tettinang for slight aroma.

And sir, I shall look forward to it.

"Flour Your Nuts" ... Am. Brown Ale .... yeast pitched at 2:30 pm

Since Spring I have been brewing SMaSH beers with different hops at a moderate level of IBU and using, mostly, Nottingham yeast. I have brewed several Citra SMaSH with 2-row and Marris Otter. Now I have branched out with a Centennial SMaSH that was very good and yesterday I brewed a Chinook SMaSH.

Hey!

Could you write a few details about you chinook IPA, or share your reciepe if it's not secret? :)
I'm palnning to brew a chinook SMaSH IPA as well and curious if its not too bitter at the end?

Thanks!

My SMaSH isn't a secret but it is far from an IPA. This is a Blonde and an experiment how different hops effect the bitterness and flavor. Each of my experimental SMaSH is 10 lbs. base malt, either 2-row or Marris Otter, and one ounce of hops strategically timed into the boil to give me around 28 IBU. The Citra and Chinook was 1/2 ounce at 60 and 1/2 ounce at 5 minutes. The Centennial SMaSH was 3/4 ounce at 60 and 1/4 ounce at 5. Yeast for all is Nottingham. I can't say what the bitterness of the Chinook is yet, but the Citra is a harsher bitterness than the Centtenial.

I love experiments, keep it up but will say that after a couple of months only subtle differences between the 3 in light doses, the front end starts to go away and carbonation adds to the bitterness, all three are good in my book, try Amarillo next time, slightly bitter but really gooood

Fourth time out with my Pale Ale recipe ... Looking forward to it, this one is a winner... it's always yummy.

Dusseldorfer Altbier, named "Hopfenkopf," because Altbier is the original German hop-head beer! Its BU:GU ratio approaches 1 so it's a hoppy brew at 50 IBU and 1.051 OG. Will see how it comes out!

Just finished the second go round of my vanilla stout. One of the most popular recipes I've made (It was gone almost as fast as it was carbonated) :)

Oktoberfest is in the chamber coming down to pitching temp. A bit late I know. Should have started a month or two ago, but on the other hand, I still got a half a keg from last year, so this could be partially next years batch, meaning I'm early! All Munich and Vienna malt, and Hallertau hops.

My first brown is in bottles (54 of them). Tastes pretty good. I think it's gonna be ok. I hate the waiting part of this. :|

The latest Pale 10 (APA) is in bottles.
Oh My Freakin' Gourd! brewing tomorrow morning. Pumpkin will be roasting by 6:00am.

Pumpkin Beer in the fermenter... I need to start brewing on Saturdays, trying to watch the Lions lose while brewing doesn't work.

(what I thought was sanitizer I was spraying on my spoon and kettle lid while I was chilling was, in fact, water, so hopefully I didn't bug up my beer)

I feel your pain no tv in the garage lol plus one time I went to grab my star sans and almost sprayed my oxiclean by mistake after that I questioned my self for not buying a labeler lol

I actually thought about putting a TV in the garage today.. never knew I needed that until today.
Sadly, both bottles are clearly labeled, I just chose not to read them.

I brewed a Vienna Ale yesterday. I'm just too impatient to wait for it to lager so I did it with ale yeast.
I'm sure it'll be fine ;)
Brian

I brewed a simple pale ale last night with 7oz of fresh wet homegrown hops. Not sure of what variety so used an oz of magnum for bittering and with 30 minutes left to boil just threw a handful in here and there til the boil ended. Pretty sure they are cascade,the grapefruity citricy aroma of the freshies was awesome.

Back