Home made pizza

That looks real good!
How did you make your dough?
I only had all purpose flour(Gold Medal brand), so I used that and raised my hydration to 74% which is a very wet mix for pizza dough.
Mixed it up with salt, sugar, EVOO and yeast. Let it rest on the counter for 30 minutes and then pulled it together and got it into a bowl.
Another 30 minutes and then folded it.
Let rise for 4 hours or so and then balled it up.
Started baking them 1.5 hours after balling in a 500° F oven on a steel for 6 minutes.
They were very difficult to launch because of the high hydration, so I used additional semolina on my peel. I probably could have used parchment paper.
They came out great with a crispy outer and a super soft and delicate crumb.

Found a good work around for my pizza last night ended up pre cooking the bases
20230415_172921.jpg

This turned out good then I can put all the toppings on and flick it back in on the stone without it sticking to the peal
20230415_174229.jpg

Also the base cooked through better something about the gluten free flour they were a tad raw in the middle
20230415_180104.jpg

Found a good work around for my pizza last night ended up pre cooking the bases View attachment 25077
This turned out good then I can put all the toppings on and flick it back in on the stone without it sticking to the pealView attachment 25078

Also the base cooked through better something about the gluten free flour they were a tad raw in the middleView attachment 25080

yes it keeps the crust from getting so soggy letting you add more sauce or wet ingredients

Back at it tonight
20230421_171711.jpg

soon I'll have my apprentice rolling em out just gotta stop her from eating the cheese:D
20230421_172302.jpg

Chucked a bit of home grown diced up sweet potatoes on tonight to fill em a bit

Pizza 1
20230421_175014.jpg

Pizza 2
20230421_183151.jpg

Spinach- capsicum- pineapple! - ham-bacon-sweet potatoe-red onion- cheese.
Both full bore in the oven Yum!

I only eat pizza delivered by the courier) I've tried to make it myself and it's never worked)

I would have a bit of an issue if I would want pizza delivered.
Closest is 1.5 hours away ;)

Back