Home made pizza

Yeah:D
You can make it into sort of calzone
Or as a pita (the bread, not the abbreviation)

No toppings to hold the base down...

Yeah:D
You can make it into sort of calzone
Or as a pita (the bread, not the abbreviation)

No toppings to hold the base down...
Weird thing is none of my other bases have done this lol!

I has to stab it with a knife and physically push it down to add toppings.

I wish I just baked it like it was and ate it now.

I wanna try this again but not make pizza maybe like you said a naan type bread for some curried chicken dish.

On the pizza last night they all were a BIG FAIL I added Amylase enzymes to the dough just a drop or two of high temp Alpha Amylase.
Well I think some starches got converted and we'll the pizza base was Super Gummy.
Literally a Hot Sticky Mess!

We ate the toppings off but the bases are going to the chook. Was one of my best yet BTW
20230428_173102.jpg

No kidding it was so gummy it would stick to your teeth like chewing gum!

The joys of being Coeliac!

Last edited:
My sourdough crust is at least a 24-hour endeavor. 12 hours to bulk ferment the dough, another 8 or so to proof, all retarded in the refrigerator to form the flavors.... But put that under homemade sauce and mozzarella.... Yum! Now if I could just get my oven hotter than 500 degrees....
Get an ooni! Mine works excellent and $300 for the karu12. I have gotten it over 1000 F° but my pizza bakes best at around 800 because I like to put a lot of toppings and my dough has some sugar in it . Multi fuel so wood, charcoal or propane. https://ooni.com/products/ooni-karu...MI9sfft93h_gIV0ClMCh2f6AZyEAAYASAAEgLHy_D_BwE

My sourdough crust is at least a 24-hour endeavor. 12 hours to bulk ferment the dough, another 8 or so to proof, all retarded in the refrigerator to form the flavors.... But put that under homemade sauce and mozzarella.... Yum! Now if I could just get my oven hotter than 500 degrees....

20230121_190131.jpg

Get an ooni! Mine works excellent and $300 for the karu12. I have gotten it over 1000 F° but my pizza bakes best at around 800 because I like to put a lot of toppings and my dough has some sugar in it . Multi fuel so wood, charcoal or propane. https://ooni.com/products/ooni-karu...MI9sfft93h_gIV0ClMCh2f6AZyEAAYASAAEgLHy_D_BwE
I just lit I up by the way. Two pieces of paper and a map torch with very specific sized wood "6 in.x about a dime to Nickle diameter. Or charcoal works good. I like to use both.

Attachments

• 20230506_181248.jpg
    20230506_181248.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 34
Ok all, I just got a demo pizza oven and I am looking for a decent quick rise pizza dough. Anyone willing to help a guy out?

Ok all, I just got a demo pizza oven and I am looking for a decent quick rise pizza dough. Anyone willing to help a guy out?
I don't have a quick rise one as I usually do at least a 24 hour dough, but there are plenty out there.
Try one from King Arthur and I'm sure you'll get a solid start.
Good luck,
Brian

Take my comment with a grain of salt (gluten free method). But my quick rise method I'm talking an hour proof time wise.
This is with GF flour so it acts differently

I used 30g of yeast in a 400g dough.
Now I use brown vinegars or your supposed to use apple cider vinegar to lower the PH so the yeast are more happy.
I also add a teaspoon or two of sugar to give the yeast a quick feed and get fermentation/raising underway.

I mix the sugar water yeast and vinegar in half the total needed water first as a sorts starter leave this 15 mins then mix my dough

The water is also warmed via thermomix to 37c which helps to get the yeast racing.

I also proof the dough in my oven set at around 30c this all helps for a quick pizza base turnaround

Hope that helps:)

Back