Home made pizza

Pizza day! Made 2 round pies:D
IMG_20191223_140405.jpg

Saved some of the runnings from my brew years day German pils to make some pizza dough. Cold fermented for two days, this was one of the best pizzas I have made. Just need to make them rounder
20200103_181344.jpg

For the 1st time I'm making a sourdough starter.
Just organic whole wheat flour and water.
I fed it for 4 days and then last night I made up a batch of dough.
I haven't found a guide on "Pitch rate", so i just went with a heavy 1/2 cup mixed into my normal batch.
I did 1 fold last night and then formed it into 380 gram dough balls this morning at 6am.
To the fridge for now and then pizza tomorrow night.
I'll get some pictures up later if I can figure out how to load them from my phone.
Cheers,
Brian

For the 1st time I'm making a sourdough starter.
Just organic whole wheat flour and water.
I fed it for 4 days and then last night I made up a batch of dough.
I haven't found a guide on "Pitch rate", so i just went with a heavy 1/2 cup mixed into my normal batch.
I did 1 fold last night and then formed it into 380 gram dough balls this morning at 6am.
To the fridge for now and then pizza tomorrow night.
I'll get some pictures up later if I can figure out how to load them from my phone.
Cheers,
Brian
Im in the process at the moment of creating a starter I'm on about day four and am starting to get it to double in size. I tell ya I lernt a bit about microbiology doing this "seed starter"
My one bit of advise I found is start it off with pineapple juice instead of water. Reason the pineapple juice instantly drops the ph of the starter around 4.5ph which is encouraging to lacticbacillis and L sanfransico (spelling?) if you mix a water flour starter other bacteria that like a higher PH will start first and delay the and sometimes inhibit the growth of Lactobaccilus for a few days.
Interesting

Back