Fermentation stop to fast (2nd time 2nd bach)

defintely alot of weird looking stuff in there.

as @Donoroto said. get something else for sanitation. you can use the oxy to clean that bucket and then use starsan to sanitize it. as he mentioned, you DONT rinse it out. pour the bucket full (or nearly full) with the starsan, put the bucket lid on and shake it around, let it sit for at least 5 minutes. empty it and then add your wort to it to ferment. dont empty it until you are ready to add the wort to it.

defintely alot of weird looking stuff in there.

as @Donoroto said. get something else for sanitation. you can use the oxy to clean that bucket and then use starsan to sanitize it. as he mentioned, you DONT rinse it out. pour the bucket full (or nearly full) with the starsan, put the bucket lid on and shake it around, let it sit for at least 5 minutes. empty it and then add your wort to it to ferment. dont empty it until you are ready to add the wort to it.
...and save the starsan, it can be re-used many times. I use about 4 liters mix (7 ml starsan per 4 liters or do) in my 30 liter fermenter, easier to shake with only 4 kg liquid inside.

So today i drink some of my first batch, was keged in the fridge for 3 weeks.
2 weeks ago was drinkable not to good taste but drinkable.
Today is not any more drinkable,was a little sour, was like i added a little vinegar in to it.
dam, is this a sign that was infected from the beginning?
the keg was in the fridge all this time

Today is not any more drinkable,was a little sour, was like i added a little vinegar in to it.
Many believe that a vinegar-like taste is a sign of infection.

I might just be one of the many...
Shame man.
But you don't seem like a quitter, so give it a hard clean and another go!

Acetic acid (vinegar) it made by bacteria and wild yeast. Could have been infected or had wild yeast get in it.

Willing to bet your problem will go away once you start using a proper sanitizer

I just completed the next batch older.
I buy 100ml of star san, I'm going to make a 10 liters cleaning mix water with star san (10 liters water 25ml star san).
I need to boil the water I'm going to use?or doesn't matter?
My feementor need any special sanitize or just cleaning before use star san

I just completed the next batch older.
I buy 100ml of star san, I'm going to make a 10 liters cleaning mix water with star san (10 liters water 25ml star san).
I need to boil the water I'm going to use?or doesn't matter?
My feementor need any special sanitize or just cleaning before use star san
no, doesnt have to be boiled. can just be plain tap water. it may look cloudy, that is normal

just needs to be clean. just pour in the sanitizer and swish it around with the lid on. try to get it to make contact with all side for a minute or two.

also, you dont have to throw it away when you are done. it will stay good for 6 months or more. (as long as it doesnt look dirty) can store it in any bucket with a lid

How old are your plastic buckets and all of the plastic utensils you use? Are they scarred and scratched from use? If so, all of those scratches are places for bacteria to hide and infect your brew during any step in the process. Cross contamination can come from the most unlikely places.
Two other things to consider regarding your yeast....what temperature is your wort when you pitch? Are you stressing the yeast by pitching into wort that is too hot and losing the viability of the whole 11g packet? What about the OG? You should be ok with 11g for your 1043 recipes but 1063 is asking for a lot from one packet especially if it's getting close to its expiration date.

Keep at it filous mou!

Brewery cleaner PBW Oxyclean is an Sodium Percarbonate cleaner a cleaner only just to get rid of the kruasen scum dirt hop oils ect then a no rinse sanitizer is needed either iodophor iodine based sanitizer or acid based phosphoric acid sanitizer these take care of spoilage micro organisms by the low PH or Iodine solution.

1st step clean the grime.
2nd step acid wash rinse so any harmful bacteria are killed then add the wort yeast and happy fermentations baby.

The 2nd step can also be accomplished by high heat killing any bacteria on surface.

Hey @Mastoras007 what did the beer smell and taste like?

good luck on the next batch

How old are your plastic buckets and all of the plastic utensils you use? Are they scarred and scratched from use? If so, all of those scratches are places for bacteria to hide and infect your brew during any step in the process. Cross contamination can come from the most unlikely places.
Two other things to consider regarding your yeast....what temperature is your wort when you pitch? Are you stressing the yeast by pitching into wort that is too hot and losing the viability of the whole 11g packet? What about the OG? You should be ok with 11g for your 1043 recipes but 1063 is asking for a lot from one packet especially if it's getting close to its expiration date.

Keep at it filous mou!
My backet is 3 or 4 years old, I have brew 5-6 times, its ok no have any scratches or something.
Truth is that before i add yeast in to wort i throw it in a vessel with water, a little warm, don't know the exactly temperature sure bellow 25 Celsius lr so.
The wort temperature was about 22

Brewery cleaner PBW Oxyclean is an Sodium Percarbonate cleaner a cleaner only just to get rid of the kruasen scum dirt hop oils ect then a no rinse sanitizer is needed either iodophor iodine based sanitizer or acid based phosphoric acid sanitizer these take care of spoilage micro organisms by the low PH or Iodine solution.

1st step clean the grime.
2nd step acid wash rinse so any harmful bacteria are killed then add the wort yeast and happy fermentations baby.

The 2nd step can also be accomplished by high heat killing any bacteria on surface.

Hey @Mastoras007 what did the beer smell and taste like?

good luck on the next batch
The first first was like vinegar taste the second, just a very bad taste can't explain bitter and undrinkable

before i add yeast in to wort i throw it in a vessel with water, a little warm, don't know the exactly temperature sure bellow 25 Celsius
There is no need to do this, I ALWAYS pitch dry yeast directly into the wort.
Some will tell you that rehydrating the yeast before pitching will decrease lag time.
But who cares really, so what if your beer is ready 6 hours sooner two weeks from now.
It is just an extra step that is unnecessary, and it will not make your beer better.

There is no need to do this, I ALWAYS pitch dry yeast directly into the wort.
Some will tell you that rehydrating the yeast before pitching will decrease lag time.
But who cares really, so what if your beer is ready 6 hours sooner two weeks from now.
It is just an extra step that is unnecessary, and it will not make your beer better.
I agree: sprinkling dry yeast onto the wort is perfectly fine. I stopped rehydrating yeast years ago, never saw a difference.

I started today cleaning my fermentation tank and I saw this, on the bottom,
This is the level of last batch, or the previous of last,
for some reason there is a difference in colour, i try to clean but nope
I use oxy again nothing
Is this a sign that my feementor is infected or something?
If i use star san can i use it?
IMG_20240301_144737.jpg
IMG_20240301_144742.jpg
IMG_20240301_144754.jpg

Discoloration is normal. As long as it is clean and sanitized, your are good.

Make sure you flush out the spigot at the bottom

Theanks.
Few hours ago i completed the 3rd biab attempt
The recipe https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/28546/sierra-nevada-pale-ale-clone
I clean and sanitize everything with oxy and final star san.
I started with 3,5 liters per kilo mashing, temperature 64-66
No mash out
After mash i sparge some liters at 75 Celsius until i reach the pre boil wort quantity.
After boiling i ended up with 1 liter Les than the expected (i make wrong at water loss during boiling)
The preboil gravity was was 1028 Liters: 14,5
The final gravity was 1060 liters: 10,5 (target was 11,5)
The recipe final gravity was 1055,
IMG_20240301_201837.jpg
IMG_20240301_201524.jpg

looking good. I wouldnt worry about 1 liter loss. your gravity is really close. that is more important.

once it cools to pitch temp, get your yeast in there and make some beer! :p

Back