Fermentation stop to fast (2nd time 2nd bach)

You prepare for the next batch by actually sanitizing the living shit out of everything that will not get hit by boiling water, especially the fermenter. Buy some Star San, and use it. One ounce of it with 5 gallons of water. Rinse all your brew day tools with it. Keep it in your fermentor prior to brew day. Flush out you kettle ball valves with it. Otherwise, you waste money and dump beer.
You also have it sitting out during beer transfer and when the kettle cools below 180f. Anything that comes in contact with that liquid below 170, 180 ish, beeds to be sanitized.

I like BTF iodophor as a rinse-free sanitizer. Star San creeps me out lol

I had make the older of gains and buy a OXY I use this only with hot water

I had make the older of gains and buy a OXY I use this only with hot water
As said before. That is a cleaner not a sanitizer. It will NOT kill bacteria and wild yeast from your fermentor.

You could also sanitize with bleach if you rinse well after

Cleaning, and sanitizing are two distinctly different things sir. After cleaning your fermenting vessel, and anything else that comes in contact with the wort after the boil, you need to rinse well to remove any residual cleaning products, then sanitize just prior to use.
Hot side (boil kettle) is just clean and rinse well.

Ok now i know.
But tne strange thing is that the description of oxy here in Greece is " cleaning and sanitize" so that's why i didn't use more sanitizer .

We have a product here called oxyclean, it is a peroxide based cleaner.
This is what I thought you were referring to as "oxy"
1708200891128.png

Is different, but i think is same thing I'm not sure, but it says cleaner and sanitizer,
Screenshot_2024-02-17-22-36-26-927_com.android.chrome.jpg

Probably Same product different name and package.
Now I'm making thoughts.... I have throw in toilet 4-5 batches before, all those was infected and i was trying to find the reason,
all those batches i use this for cleaning and sanitize, maybe this is the base problem here?

It's using the "active oxygen" to clean
i don't know why but I'm checking now also other sites, selling "OXI" and they say is sanitizer

Probably Same product different name and package.
Now I'm making thoughts.... I have throw in toilet 4-5 batches before, all those was infected and i was trying to find the reason,
all those batches i use this for cleaning and sanitize, maybe this is the base problem here?
Nothing wrong with using that to clean. But I would go with a star san or iodophor sanitizer. Warm sugary liquid will feed whatever is in there

i don't know why but I'm checking now also other sites, selling "OXI" and they say is sanitizer
But it isn't working. ;)

Maybe it needs 2 cycles. The first cleans and then the 2nd sanitizes

I would go in with chlorine.
Cheap and easy.
But make sure you take everything apart, valves, tubing, everything
Then rinse, rinse, rinse some more and then back to starsan and the like

Uh, yes, that looks infected.
Chlorine bleach will sanitize, but it must be rinsed completely. The rinse can re-contaminate everything.

Star-San also sanitizes. It should not be rinsed! Just let it drip off, a little bit is ok for food.

Before your next batch, sanitize everything.

I do not think the oxy is a good sanitizer. It uses Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) to "sanitize" but, like chlorine bleach, this requires rinsing...which can easily "un-sanitize" everything.

I will call the shop tomorrow, make some questions about.
This is 4th or 5 batch i throw.
If that's the reason is so stupid thing, they need to change the description to cleaner not sanitizer
Any way let's go on again

Back