Brewing Vlog's you've been watching.

Interesting final gravity comparrison on big name Lager from Harry

This is the BEST hombrew Vlog I've EVER seen So So So cool and informative even for me an Australian a trip down Hombrewing Memory Lane.
I've hit chip up for the recipie sounds killer to me.
Anyone know the link to it let me know please?
CHEERS:)

This is the BEST hombrew Vlog I've EVER seen So So So cool and informative even for me an Australian a trip down Hombrewing Memory Lane.
Anyone looking at brewing the 100th Anniversary F.H.Steinbart beer let me know.
I got the RECIPE off Chip;).
I'll be brewing this old school American pale ale in recognition to the long standing hombrewing tradition layed down over there even though yeah I'm in Aus it still means something to me...

Oh and I've got the extract version so don't feel like you ain't got in...

Oh and you can order the kit from F.H.Steinbart direct too.

Last edited:
Anyone looking at brewing the 100th Anniversary F.H.Steinbart beer let me know.
I got the RECIPE off Chip;).
I'll be brewing this old school American pale ale in recognition to the long standing hombrewing tradition layed down over there even though yeah I'm in Aus it still means something to me...

Oh and I've got the extract version so don't feel like you ain't got in...

Oh and you can order the kit from F.H.Steinbart direct too.

That was a great video, thanks for sharing.

I might give that Centennial Pale a go in the coming months. I do have some Victory that I have no idea what to do with. :)
If you have the all grain recipe, I'd be interested. Thanks.

That was a great video, thanks for sharing.

I might give that Centennial Pale a go in the coming months. I do have some Victory that I have no idea what to do with. :)
If you have the all grain recipe, I'd be interested. Thanks.
Yeah sure do I've plugged it into the BF calculator remember to adjust to your efficiency and water profile requirements.
Also I opted on the light n hoppy profile 3:1 sulphate to chloride but I rekon ballanced would suffice as well. It wacks a fair bit of bitterness which is more than I dial in when brewing so looking forward to this.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1164883/100th-aniversary-ale-

This is my diced and sliced version in metric and to my brew settings
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1164885/ben-s-stienbart-brew
If we're gunna brew this maybe I'll start a thread on it so we can link pics and have a chat about what we liked about it...
Cheers

Vitals
OG 1.060
6%ABV
IBU 50
SRM 10
12lb Gambrinus ESB malt
.8oz victory
.8oz C15
1 OZ centennial and Cluster at 60min
.5 OZ @ 15 (each)
1 OZ each dry hop.

Yeast Imperial PUB.

Yeah sure do I've plugged it into the BF calculator remember to adjust to your efficiency and water profile requirements.
Also I opted on the light n hoppy profile 3:1 sulphate to chloride but I rekon ballanced would suffice as well. It wacks a fair bit of bitterness which is more than I dial in when brewing so looking forward to this.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1164883/100th-aniversary-ale-

This is my diced and sliced version in metric and to my brew settings
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1164885/ben-s-stienbart-brew
If we're gunna brew this maybe I'll start a thread on it so we can link pics and have a chat about what we liked about it...
Cheers

Vitals
OG 1.060
6%ABV
IBU 50
SRM 10
12lb Gambrinus ESB malt
.8oz victory
.8oz C15
1 OZ centennial and Cluster at 60min
.5 OZ @ 15 (each)
1 OZ each dry hop.

Yeast Imperial PUB.
I'm definitely interested...but...I probably won't get to it until September. I have a few Summer brews that I have to get in before I would be able to brew this one. I'd hate to leave you out on a limb.

I'm definitely interested...but...I probably won't get to it until September. I have a few Summer brews that I have to get in before I would be able to brew this one. I'd hate to leave you out on a limb.
Ah no limb leaving needed well both brew it when we're ready;).

Been following this for awhile Craft ale from the craft beer Channel.
I'd love to have a taste of some traditional Cask ale over in the UK some day!
This is part 4 .
@AHarper and @Steve SPF would know more about the ins and outs of a real smack on craft cask beer I'm sure...

+1 to IBU rants Tinseth himself said his formula is at best +- 30%... But also...

AAU inconsistencies from suppliers, lots, batches that aren't measured.

No IBU estimate takes into account variable temperatures, so whirlpooling, hop stands etc are all complete guesses.There's some good guesses, my favorite is alchemyoverlords formula for mIBU.

IBU oil saturation limits aren't being taken into account properly, because the limit of Tinseths lab work was tested at a max of like 55 IBUs. Also the lies of brewers that put out things like "120 ibus".

Also no accounting for dry hopping, or bitterness for non-isomerized alpha acids or beta acids.

Also chilling rate is a factor, and chilling method (which is why pro brewery isomerization curves are so different than home) because they're chilling relatively slowly in line, vs batch style chilling with immersion chillers which brings nearly the entire volume down below 160 within a couple of minutes.

In an ideal world I've love to get some funding for a lab to measure alpha acids, isomerized alpha acids, and beta acids from dozens of samples and come up with separate models for each at units of mg oil per Liter of beer (or equivalently ppm).

+1 to IBU rants Tinseth himself said his formula is at best +- 30%... But also...

AAU inconsistencies from suppliers, lots, batches that aren't measured.

No IBU estimate takes into account variable temperatures, so whirlpooling, hop stands etc are all complete guesses.There's some good guesses, my favorite is alchemyoverlords formula for mIBU.

IBU oil saturation limits aren't being taken into account properly, because the limit of Tinseths lab work was tested at a max of like 55 IBUs. Also the lies of brewers that put out things like "120 ibus".

Also no accounting for dry hopping, or bitterness for non-isomerized alpha acids or beta acids.

Also chilling rate is a factor, and chilling method (which is why pro brewery isomerization curves are so different than home) because they're chilling relatively slowly in line, vs batch style chilling with immersion chillers which brings nearly the entire volume down below 160 within a couple of minutes.

In an ideal world I've love to get some funding for a lab to measure alpha acids, isomerized alpha acids, and beta acids from dozens of samples and come up with separate models for each at units of mg oil per Liter of beer (or equivalently ppm).
Maybe brewersfriend could fund this :D.

I've even noticed with my no chill overnight kettle cool down that I'm getting less IBUs than expected from the software.

Trial and error leads to a real world idea of how many ibus I'm perceiving in my beer compared to what the "number" is in to calculator I use this to adjust my taste threshold for next brew.

I've been hitting the podcasts more than vlogs because I have a long commute so the Master Brewer's Podcast and Experimental Brewing with Denny Conn and Drew Beechum have been my go-to's....watching videos is not conducive to save driving...plus they both have a huge back log to catch up on!
Kinda nice listening to a pre-pandemic world when beer geeks wouldn't think twice about sharing a glass at a conference!

And plus 1 @Craigerrr ... I'm a big fan of Larry bbq too. He pretty much taught me how to brew with simple hardware and processes for all grain.

I've been hitting the podcasts more than vlogs because I have a long commute so the Master Brewer's Podcast and Experimental Brewing with Denny Conn and Drew Beechum have been my go-to's....watching videos is not conducive to save driving...plus they both have a huge back log to catch up on!
Kinda nice listening to a pre-pandemic world when beer geeks wouldn't think twice about sharing a glass at a conference!

And plus 1 @Craigerrr ... I'm a big fan of Larry bbq too. He pretty much taught me how to brew with simple hardware and processes for all grain.
Yup makes for a great driving experience I bet it keeps you awake and focused too.

Yup I've watched one or two or Larry bbq.

That's cool I'm in that store all the time. I get my Co2 tank filled there too.

Back