Brewing Vlog's you've been watching.

They do have 4lt ones?
They keep promising.
They have been on their site with "out of stock" for a while, but now it says "available in dec 2023"
Thats Oz. So somewhere 2024 around here, I hope

They keep promising.
They have been on their site with "out of stock" for a while, but now it says "available in dec 2023"
Thats Oz. So somewhere 2024 around here, I hope
Ah OK

I know @Figjam72 has had nothing but trouble with his Oxbars leaking...

I've been keeping an eye on em but still havnt hit the green light on em yet...

No issues here.
But assembly of the tapping head is a bit finnicky.
They are flimsy.
I've tightened the fittings with a spanner and am not removing them.
I put the tapping head hand tight, then some co2 inside so you can grip the keg and thighten them a bit more. Gotta have pressure inside to undo the head again.

I had a bit of trouble at the start, but I think my problem was overtightening. Haven't had any leaking problems for a year or so now. All my larger stainless kegs have been taken for aging mixed ferment beers, so I have 2-3 oxebar in the kegerator most of the time.

And yes, that tapping head is fiddly to assemble. Sort of getting on top of that now.

I had a bit of trouble at the start, but I think my problem was overtightening. Haven't had any leaking problems for a year or so now. All my larger stainless kegs have been taken for aging mixed ferment beers, so I have 2-3 oxebar in the kegerator most of the time.

And yes, that tapping head is fiddly to assemble. Sort of getting on top of that now.
Good to know I think @Figjam72 mighta been a bit over zealous on tightening em down maybe?

After getting all excited about the Shank keg idea and telling the workmate he came up with an idea after running out of co2 due to dodgey seal on Oxbar of using fermentation spunding pressure to carbonate his oxbar keg

Part 1

And the proof is in the beer pour

People there is Method to this madness I tell ya!

I'll be doing some real time carbonation tests using bread yeast and sugar soon.

Best Beer In The WORLD

This is the beer I was talking to you about @Zambi on the last zoom call.

( westveletren 12 ).

Anyhow their tasting notes on the blonde matches mine of your Quarterly beer...

Never had westvleteren, but I'm well aware of it
I always wonder if it really tastes better or if it is because it's so difficult to get...
Blind tasting, including westmalle tripel, st benedictus etc would be the way to go

Check this out!

Soo cool to see such an esteemed brewery trying out Homebrews.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Back